chapter four ~

~maddy lively~

Its Monday and i actually have to go to school now, its been a few days since what happened but jay looks better and ive noticed that he is more comfortable around the family now, i think he just needed that little shove of proof that people do care about him.

when the rest of our family found out we had about 3 tons of flowers and cards posted to our house and it felt like i was in a garden center by the time we got them all in, but i think jay appreciates it, its the little things that count.

i look over at the alarm on my bed glaring at it for going off and waking me up. i finally decide to get up and get dressed after about 2 minuets of contemplating weather to just fake sick and not go but Aliyah would kill me. plus Lydia texted me saying she was getting sick of Amelia's bullshit with Bianca and she needs me there for moral support or some shit.

making it very dramatic if i do say so myself, i walk over to my bathroom and brush my teeth and do my hair, black jeans and a nirvana t-shit is where its at today. and im very excited because my car finally came out of repair today. my baby, the love of my life.

ok look before you judge me my car has been with me through so much and i love it i cherish that car with my hole heart i don't let anyone touch it.

''mads'' i hear a voice come from my room i put my hair-brush down and walk out there to see jay standing in my room looking at his phone'' hey what's up'' i ask grabbing a pair of socks from my dresser '' i was wondering if you could take me to school with you because i cant be bothered to drive'' he said smiling at me knowing i will eventually give in and take him.

'' fine but only because you cant get your lazy ass to do it yourself'' i say laughing a little until a pillow is thrown at my head'' shut up'' he says walking out of the room, i roll my eyes and put the pillow back into its correct place. i finish my hair and add some lip-balm to my lips.

''HURRY UP MADDY!'' i hear jay shout from downstairs i look at the time and its only 8am school doesn't start till 8:40am and its like a 10 minuet drive why is he always rushing me. i get down the stairs and point at him. '' you keep rushing me and you can walk your ass to school'' i say grabbing a piece of toast off my dads plate only for him to snatch his plate up like a protective 5 year old over his Lego.

'' if you want toast get your own'' my dad says slapping my hand away when i try and take another one. ''alright Jesus'' i say giving him a side hug and then giving my step mom and kiss on the forehead saying goodbye. while jay is inside talking to his mom i go and start the car. god it feels good to be behind the wheel again.

turns out dad took nelly to grandma's the night it happen after school i asked how long she would be there for and my dad just looked at me, so im guessing a while which isn't fair but it is in a way its no that she has to leave her family but it is because our grandma lives on the fancy side of town so she will defiantly get a better education and better life then she would here.

he gets into the car and we start driving to school with the radio playing softly in the background, we haven't spoken one word since he got in the car but i can tell he wants to tell me something because his gaze keeps shifting over to me. finally he speaks up.

''Lydia messaged me'' jay says breaking the silence in the car. i turn my head to him and raise my eye-brow. Lydia and my brother have been together before they actually where a good couple for the time they where together but im wondering why now she messages him. ''saying?'' i question stopping at a red light.

'' just making sure im ok.. she also asked if your lazy ass was in today'' making sure hes ok well that's something new. ''oh ok well tell her that im in for her benefit'' i say turning into the parking lot of the school. '' did you hear about amelia and Bianca '' i question him getting out of the car and locking it.

''no did something happen'' he says walking with me through the car park since i park at the right back to avoid human interaction as much as possible '' apparently Bianca said something about Amelia's dad and she lost it on her, nothing happened physicaly though because principle smith caught then just in time which is a shame '' i say having a proud best friend moment but still worrying about her because of how sensitive the subject is.

'' well im not surprised she went off on Bianca one she's a bitch and two she shouldn't disrespect Amelia's dad especially after everything that happened its not like its a secret its a small town after all'' he says looking at his friend group by the tree. i shake my head to myself but don't get me wrong his friends are amazing they are always nice to me and the girls. but they cause so much trouble sometimes.

''yo jay'' kyle shouts and jay hugs me goodbye as he walks over there, then again who am i to judge him when im not perfect myself. i pull out my phone and look at the time 8:30am ive got ten minuets to just chill.

i notice a familiar looking head of hair sitting on a bench and i walk over there quietly. i get there and put my finger on my lips to shush tyler whos infront of her, i grab her shoulders. she jumps trying to push my hands off her shoulders until she notices its me, i just lean down laughing '' you know if your gonna hit someone next time protect your face'' i say kissing Lydia on the cheek and sitting down.

'' your an asshole'' she says putting her arm around my shoulder. i greet everyone '' hes always late'' faith says making everyone aware of the time 8:38am great. we always do this basically faiths boyfriend is a friend of my brothers the one i just mentioned kyle and they kind of connect our friendship groups together well apart from jay being my brother. obviously i don't mind that because it just means me and the girls get to look at my brothers friends all day and to be honest they are attractive but i would never do that to him. even though he went out with Lydia.

but i guess we have a different look-out on things. the bell rings and we all get up walking to class'' missed me gorgeous'' i hear Kyle say to faith as we are about to enter the school doors ''took your time Kyle'' i say opening the door and walking in '' don't act like you wanna go to English mads i know how much you hate it'' i roll my eyes and grab amelia pulling her to me before she bumps into someone'' how would you know that'' i say crossing my arms i love annoying my brothers friends.

the truth is my brother and kyle have been friends since i was a baby, i moved in with my dad after everything that happened with my mom and since then it has always felt like i have known kyle for my whole life. '' please i used to fight people for your ass'' he says pushing my shoulder lightly. truth is these people are all i have in life.

its nice to know i have people who will look out for me. the second bell rings and me and Lydia walk to English. as soon as we get in Mrs. Walker is already complaining '' you girls are late again sit down and get started'' she says getting red with anger. its 9:am and i already wanna go home.

'' we will be doing Romeo and Juliet this term'' Mrs. Walker says and i groan putting my head onto the table this is going to be a long day.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

heyy

chapter 4 done, hope you have a good day/ night remember to drink loads of water and take time for yourself xoxo

.k.