chapter fifty-three

~maddy lively~

Ive finished all my exams now and honestly im nervous i dont have a plan for the future but i would like to at least have the grades so i have some opportunities to peruse something more then just street fighting or whatever.

i feel a hand grab my shoulder and i turn around to see a smiling lucas, he pulls me in and wraps his arms around me. ''we did it.'' he whispers in my ear placing a kiss on the space below it, i lean back into him. ''we did it'' i repeat and he smiles. ''im so proud of you beautiful'' he says rubbing small circles on my hand. the motion comforts me.

''come on love birds'' Lydia shouts from behind us and i hear lucas chuckle. i grab his hand as we walk side by side to last period its maths and im not excited, i haven't done the assignment due today we have the end of week quiz i haven't revised for that, plus mr.Morgan is such a bad teacher it makes me dread every time we have maths.

we have prom in a week and i haven't picked up my dress from the designer, its still in the shop i just haven't been to collect it, i have this feeling in my stomach every time when i think about prom and its like a feeling of dread, im not sure why yet though. it might just be because everything is about to change and my brain dosent do well with change.

a voice beams through the speakers, ''maddy lively please come to the principles office'' i look up and see everyone's eyes on me, i quickly grab my things and walk out of the classroom. as im walking down the hallway i see police offers outside the principles office, for fuck sake! what did i do now? as i approach them one of them opens the door for me. i was excepting some snarky comment, but nothing.

i knock onto the door and it opens reveling my dad the principle and tony all sat in there, i hesitantly walk in before hearing the door shut behind me. ''please take a seat mrs.livley'' principle smith says and i slowly sit down, i guess hes not acting like a prick anymore since tony and my dad are here. ''whats this about?'' i question and tony just stares at me. ''we have news about tyler'' he admits and my stomach churns. ok hopefully its good news like they caught him or hes dead.

''maddy he got taken to court and had a trial of this hole situation, but we cou-'' before he could finish i have to ask, ''why wasn't i informed about this, i could have stood up and testified against him i could have spoke my voice i could have helped'' i ramble in disbelief that i wasn't told about this. ''did no on testify against him then'' i ask wanting answers, tony just looks down in shame and i shake my head. what did he do?

''people did testify against him but it wasn't enough'' he says and i swallow hard trying to get the lump of bile out of my throat, ''who spoke up there?'' i question wanting to know who it was because only a handful of my friends where there and i want to know if they knew and never told me.

''maddy i dont think its a good idea to tell you that'' tony says and i slam my hand onto the table making principle smith jump and my dad jolt. ''who spoke tony?'' i say furious and desperate it was my mother i should have been the one up there speaking on her behalf telling her story and trying to get her justice.

tony finally answers me, ''amelia spoke and so did deigo and kane, we couldn't get damon to talk because he refused he said it wasn't his right to talk about it since it wasn't his family'' i shake my head , ''so they all spoke in court and didn't tell me'' i nod my head clarifying my judgement. my dad tries to grab my arm to calm me down but i just pull it away. ''and you never told me either when you knew i would do anything to help'' i narrow my eyes on tony hoping he feels the guilt as much as i do.

''maddy we are sorry '' he says and i just nod my head not forgiving him. ''so whats happening now then is he in jail did they win'' i ask and it just makes his face drop. ''we didn't have enough evidence and they did provide enough for the court to make a decision so they let him go and informed us to stop looking for him'' a sick feeling washes over me and i quickly get up and run out of the room feeling the bile building up, i push the bathroom door open quickly making a couple of girls squeal out of surprise.