chapter twenty-five.

~maddy lively~

''maddy come on it will be fun'' amelia whispers from her seat, we are currently in detention, because of Bianca again. this time it all was her fault not mine. Bianca came over and poured water on me in the cafeteria and when i tried to push her away the dinner ladies then went to the principles office not because she poured water all over but because i pushed her. pathetic. amelia started arguing with her so that's how shes here to.

''amelia i dont know my dad is already going to kill me if i get into anymore trouble and those parties are always filled with disgusting men trying to get there hands on girls'' i explain and she just rolls her eyes. ''i will go with or without you because everyone else is going and i would like to enjoy time with everyone and i feel like we dont hang out much anymore'' she says and i let out a sigh, she knows her saying she will go with or without me will just make me go because i dont want anything to happen to her, shes honestly an angel that's been put on earth im not ready for that innocence to break yet.

i roll my eyes making her giggle ''fine'' i say before going back to writing i will not push other students over and over until my hand aches. its Friday and im just ready to go home but now i cant because of amelia and her ways of getting me to go out.

-----

the bell rings and i quickly grab my things wanting to get away from maths as soon as possible. i open a few messages i have from my dad saying hes got a business trip he needs to go on but dosent know if he should, while concentrating on typing back my shoulder bashes into someone's. i look up immediately see the back of luca's head walking away from me, was he the one who bumped into me. i haven't spoken to him in awhile i tried messaging him to see if he wanted to hang out but he was always busy.

i wonder if that was him. i see more people come out of there classes so i stand over to the side not to get trampled on by the crowd, i spot Lydia and jay in the corridor walking together, Lydia laughs at something jay says to her and i shake my head. nothings going on with then maddy stop being over-dramatic. ''hey'' i turn around to find marcus standing there staring at me. ''hey'' i reply back and he just smiles.

''you forgot didn't you'' he says and i furrow my eye-brows forgot what, i think for a little while before it hits me. ''oh shit im so sorry marcus '' i say and he just nods still smiling. i was supposed to tutor him in maths after school, he was supposed to come over to mine and i completely forgot. ''its ok maddy if your busy i can just find someone else, i just thought you would be good because i know you a little better and i wouldn't be so uncomfortable around you but if your busy i totally get it,'' marcus quickly explains and i just smile lightly. he has the tendency to ramble when hes nervous or whatever else he feels.

''marcus im not busy dont worry, we can still do it would you like to drive back to my house with me or did you get a lift here or something?'' i ask and he just smiles, then he pulls me out of the way before someone knocks into me, i look to see who it was and there he is again only this time walking the other way, whats his problem? .

''whats up his ass today?'' marcus questions and i shrug. ''and to answer your question i walked today so getting a lift back would be nice'' he says and i nod heading for the front doors of the school, as we get closer to my car i see jay and the others all talking with each other. Lydia looks at me first and i smile. she returns it and looks at jay smiling again.

''me and marcus are going back to mine so i can tutor him for maths'' i explain and i hear tyler whistle. ''what?'' i question and he just shakes his head. ''no if you have something to say be my guest dont hold back'' i say and tyler just looks at me and laughs. '' you seem to be moving through these boys quickly dont you maddy'' tyler says and i look over at marcus and see his head is down. what the fuck

''man that's my sister your talking about shut the fuck up'' jay says and tyler just sits back down smirking at me. ''maddy that's fine '' jay says gesturing to marcus and me going to tutor. i smile lightly while sticking my middle finger up to tyler. i get in my car and turn the engine of driving out of the school parking lot.

-----

''ok so just tell me what parts you need help with and i will try my best to help you'' i say as im sat on my bed and marcus is sat at my desk with his notes out and everything. he just looks at me and i stare back, ''do you like to fight?'' he suddenly asks and my face falls, what? what kind of question is that? ''its just when you and Bianca fought it looked like you enjoyed it and that you has experience with it'' he says and i just stare back at him. ''i guess its just something ive always been good at why?'' i question wanting to know why he would ask this.

''i was just wondering'',he says clearly lying and turning back to his work, i sit up now and face him. ''why marcus'' he just sighs and turns back around. '' because a few people have mentioned that they saw you at a fighting ring not to long ago, and after that rumour was spread you came in with bruises on your face and knuckles coincidence i think not'' i shake my head and get up walking over to the window to shut the curtain because the sun is blaring through making me burn up.

''marcus what i do in my spare time has nothing to do with you, did you really come over here for work or to interrogate me about my personal life?'' i question as he stands up, ''i just wanted to ask'' he admits and i shake my head laughing lightly'' then get out'' i say and motion towards my bedroom door.

he packs up his stuff and walks out, i sit back down on my bed grabbing my phone, to look at who called me, i see kyle messaged me asking if i could tell jay to answer his phone. i walk out of my room going to jays. i knock twice but there is no answer. as soon as i walk into his room i immediately wish i didn't.

Lydia and jay are on the bed making out. they must here the bedroom door open because they stop and pull away. ''maddy what the hell'' jay asks and i just look at them. my brother and my best-friend, again ''i knocked, kyle wants you to answer your phone apparently its important'' i say avoiding eye contact with Lydia on the bed. ''maddy please'' she questions but before she could say anything else i walk out and back to my room. im not in the mood to argue with her. i hear shuffling before she walks into my room.

''get out'' i say putting my stuff away, ''maddy listen to me'' she says and i turn around to face her. ''how long has this been going on for'' i ask and she just looks down. ''please'' she says and i shake my head, ''the truth is all i want'' i say and she looks at me with teary eyes. ''a month on Monday'' she admits and i scoff walking around her. ''it all happened so quickly maddy i promise it wasn't planned'' i grab my phone and sit on the bed trying to block out the pleading girl in my room.

''where you ever going to tell me?'' i question and she nods her head. ''yes we where of course we where we just didn't know how or when would be the best time, with everything that's going on, like crystals funeral and you fighting again we didn't have time'' she explains and i just look at her.

''dont use those situations' to justify your actions, there where plenty of opportunities' you could have taken and you didn't so that's all on you'' i admit and motion back towards my door for the third time today i might aswell just get a sigh that's says get out at this point. ''please leave'' she finally nods and walks towards the door before leaving and finally letting me breath.

what kind of shit has my life gone to lately, i look at the time 7pm, i hear the front door open and close and im guessing that's her leaving. after about ten minuets i hear a slight knock on my door. ''maddy can we talk?'' i hear jay question through the door. i roll my eyes and put my phone down. ''what'' i say and the door opens and he walks in, looking as guilty as the little kid i saw steal food once, ''im sorry i-'' before he could finish i interrupt him already seeing the little box in his hand. ''shes my best friend jay you dont see me going for any of your friends do you?'' i say and he just stands there. ''please tell me a time ive ever dated one of your friends'' i say and its silent.

''exactly you cant because i respect you and i know you wouldn't want me to date any of your friends so why date mine?'' i ask and he just shakes his head. ''im sorry but i really like her maddy'' he says and i roll my eyes, ''just leave please'' i say and he nods placing the little box on the desk. i get up and grab it while hes walking out, i throw it and it hits him. ''i dont want your stupid apology gift'' i say before going back into my room and shutting my door for what feels like the 100th time today.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chapter twenty five.