chapter sixteen ~

~maddy lively~

''Hurry up guys'' i shout running through the mall with callum lucas and Lydia following close behind, we where supposed to meet everyone to plan out this evening but i slept in and so did everyone else. i spot the guys sat at a table in the food court and we walk over, and let me just say i feel like im going to have a breathing attack.

i plop down into a seat next to kyle and grab a bottle of water off the table, i really do not care whos it is, im dying right now. ''took you guys long enough'' amelia says and i just shoot her a scowl. ''we slept in'' callum explains and i just look at lucas to see him already looking at me.

''so Diego is back'' i say and i feel everyone's eyes turn to mine. ''yes i caught our lovely maddy here shacked up in bed with him yesterday morning'' Lydia says and i kick my foot out under the table hitting her leg. ''shut up, no way'' faith says ''you and Diego Sinclair'' i quickly shake my head.

''no it wasn't like that, he showed up at my house and then stayed the night, nothing else happened'' i explain taking a sip of the water again. ''how is he?'' jay questions and i just shrug not wanting to tell everyone about what i saw in the cell.

''tonight i was thinking we all meet at mine'' tyler says while eating a fry, i mean that could work but tylers mother is a piece of shit so i dont really want to see her. ''ye we could or we could just make our own ways there and whoever needs a ride text in the group chat'' jay explains and i let out a breath ye that's sounds better.

''im going to get food'' lucas says and i watch him walk away and over to the food-line, something is up with him. ''i will be back'' i tell everyone and they just nod and go back to chatting. i walk up behind him after earning a few dirty glances from people behind him. ''hey'' i say and he jumps a little ''sorry i didn't mean to make you jump'' i explain and he just nods looking forward again, Mr. Grumpy over here i see.

''whats up with you?'' i question and he just spins around looking into my eyes. ''how do you know Diego?'' i let out a breath why does he want to know. ''we are old friends'' i say looking forward again ignoring the burning stare coming from his eyes.

he lets out a small laugh ''friends bullshit'' i let out a sigh of frustration if i dont want to tell lucas that deigo was my first boyfriend and that i fell for his troubled ways and charming smiles i dont have too.' ''why do you care so much?'' he just shakes his head, ''i dont'' ''they why ask?'' he just shrugs and im getting tired of his on and off mood with me.

''fine whatever'' i say walking back under the line rope and back to the table. but once i get back there i see deigo sat with everyone and i feel the lump in my throat deepen what is he doing here?.

''hey love'' deigo says when he sees me and he gets up to hug me. i fall into his embrace for a while until he pulls away. ''you good?'' he asks and i just nod as he drags me down onto his lap since the seats are all full apart from Lucas's now empty one.

''im so ready for tonight'' amelia says sitting on callums lap. ''classic amelia'' deigo whispers in my ear and i just look at him with a questionable look. ''falling for the gold retriever boy are we Mel? '' deigo questions and i just look between callum and deigo and how they are staring each other off.

i clear my throat and i feel deigo laugh into the back of my hair the vibrations sending sparks down my spine. dam it ''what are we all wearing tonight?'' i question and Lydia and faith start to explain since we all go as a group every group that goes has a theme.

''i was thinking this year slutty'' Lydia says making me and faith both look at each other and burst out laughing ''please explain more what do you mean by slutty'' i question with a smile on my face at my best friend.