chapter eight ~

~maddy lively~

I woke up to the ear-aching sound of my alarm, at least it was Friday last day of school until half term and personally i cant wait for this because its the last week of good weather until it starts getting colder.

i throw on a oversized jean jacket and a white spaghetti strap dress. this will do for today then i straighten my hair and put on my lip balm. perfect

''mads lets go'' i hear jay shout from downstairs. i sigh checking my appearance in the mirror this is the best its going to get. if you wondering why im getting dressed up for school its because we have photo day today. which secretly means the girls get to wear a little less clothing then they normally would and the boys get to sit and watch some girls make a fool of themselves.

''oh you look lovely darling'' Aliyah says giving me a kiss on the cheek. ''come on jay before you make us late'' i say pushing him to the door. i walk out and im greeted by amelia and tyler playfighting and it brings a smile to my face.

''maddy help me'' tyler says as amelia pulls his hair. i run over and climb onto amelias back. she quickly takes her hands off Tyler's hair and supports my thighs. ''got ya'' i say kissing her cheek i get down and pull my dress back to its original length. i look back and see a red tint on her face. im sure she's just hot or something. ''i call shotgun'' Lydia calls running over to my car but not before jay pushes her over and she falls onto the grass.

a gasp leaves my mouth followed by laughter. i walk over to Lydia and try help her up. ''here'' i say extending my hand out. she just pushes my hand away and struggles to get up. what is her problem . i swear if this is about what happened the other night when me and tyler where racing our cars im going to be pissed because it was safe.

i just roll my eyes and walk over to my car. ''jay get in'' i say opening the other door and waiting. he sticks his tongue out at Lydia and gets in. i wait for tyler and kyle. as soon as they shut the door i turn the car on and speed down the street. ''you ok'' jay questions looking at me with concern '' yes just wondering why my best friend is acting like a bitch '' i say gritting my teeth. i pull into the parking lot of the school and get out.

walking over to the bench i notice faith giving me a stare of guilt. i raise my eyebrow lightly at her questioning the look on her face. ''what'' i question staring at her. ''where's your phone'' . '' very funny'' i fake laugh and she just rolls her eyes. ''ok so i was thinking about who it was on the lock screen and i found out it was lucas bailey'' she says squealing like its a good thing that our phones got switched. ''oh mads did he answer your message'' kyle asks warping his arm around her waist. ''i dont know i haven't checked'' i reply honestly.

''well come on check'' she says eagerly tapping the bench. i sigh and pull out the mat black phone. i unlock the phone with the code and realize there a several messages appearing. i guess the phone just connected to the schools Wi-Fi which is shocking because whenever i connect its shit. i click onto my name and see the heart faith placed next to my name. she's a weird girl

maddy this is lucas bailey meet me by the field at the end of the day. for your phone:)

my eyes scan over the message and landing on the smiley face. i feel my lips tug at the side thank god hes being nice about it. the bell rings signaling for 1st period to start but for us its photo time. ''amelia come on'' i say walking over to her and Lydia. i give Lydia a small smile but she doesn't return it what a bitch. i roll my eyes and grab Lydia's arm pulling her away i really dont care if we are late i want my best friend back.

''ok what's going on with us'' i question wrapping my arms around my body as a chilly breeze passes us.'' i want to know what i did'' i explain looking at her trying to find anything but the direct contact of my eyes . ''nothings going on'' she finally says meeting my eyes for a second then looking away again.