chapter fourty-four

~deigo sinclair~

She hasn't shown up yet, ive been waiting here for two hours i thought she wanted to talk. maybe i pushed her to far, i was just upset i was angry that the girl who ive loved for so long was walking away into another mans arms i was confused as to why i wasn't enough for her, i would honestly do anything for her to just smile at me again.

the waiter comes over with a pitiful look on his face, ''do you want another glass of water?'' he questions and i shake my head. i think im just going to leave. ''no im ok'' i say throwing a couple of dollars onto the table and getting my stuff. i walk out of the café with a hurt feeling rummaging in my chest, i get in my car just leaning back into my seat.

my phone rings and i see that its Lydia, she never calls me. i pick it up quickly ''hello'' i say into the phone i hear a deep sob come through the speaker making me full of worry. ''Lydia what happened are you ok?'' i question getting flashbacks of the night maddy called me when tyler line fucked them over. ''deigo you need to come to the hospital'' she says and i feel my heart drop. please no

''im on my way'' i say cutting the line off and quickly pressing my foot onto the gas, please god no i feel my heart rate quicken, i pull into the parking lot and jump out. i run into the hospital i look around franticly until i see Lydia, i run over to her ignoring the reception lady shouting at me.

''what happened Lydia where is she?'' i question she wraps her arms around me and i just let her hang their, i see maddys dad and Aliyah walk out of a room. i walk over to them and instantly feel my eyes water with dread when i see their faces. ''shes in there'' her dad says and without wasting anymore time i push open the door, my heart breaks at the sight infront of me.

she has a massive cut on her head, , she has a ton of different wires coming out of her body i walk over to the chair that is placed by her bed, i move my eyes over to the heart monitor. it looks like shes at a steady pace. i sit in the chair slowly and grab her hand gently. open those pretty eyes maddy please. when no movement comes from her body i place my head in my hands finally letting the sob that ive been holding out, ''please dont die on me mads'' i whisper.

i feel a hand run over my shoulder and i flinch slightly before looking at who it is. damon and kane are stood behind me. ''we are waiting for the doctor to come back'' damon says with puffy eyes and i just nod. ''deigo i dont think the car who hit maddy was by accident'' kane speaks up and i look at him with a look of question.

''that girl has pissed off many people i think it was an intentional hit'' kane says and i look back at maddy, he is right she has pissed off a lot of people who why would they do it now and why wasn't she paying attention to the road she usually never loses focus on the road especially when its dark.

i get up and leave the room. damon and kane follow behind me, ''who do you think it is'' damon questions and i just shrug. ''i need to talk to someone do you two want a lift home or can you walk?'' i question and they just look between themselves before kane says they will be fine.

i get in my car and start driving to my destination, i need to logically think this through because i could be putting myself into deep shit if i do this. but i think i know who might have been involved with maddy being hit if it was intentional that is.

i pull up to the driveway and get out, taking a deep breath before walking up the drive. i knock on the door and wait for it to open, the door creaks before she appears. ''ah deigo what can i do for you?'' maddys mom questions and i just walk past her into the house.

''of course just let yourself in'' she mumbles before closing the door, ''do you know whats happened to your daughter?'' i question making her look at me, with confusion and a slight hint of guilt. dont you fucking dare lie to me. ''i have no clue'' she says and i just laugh. ''she got into a car accident its pretty bad'' i say and a look of worry flashes in her eyes.

''is she ok?'' she questions and i just shake my head, ''we have to wait for the doctor to tell us any updates'' i explain and she just nods her head, ''did you send someone to hit her car'' i ask and she just looks at me like ive said the most outrageous thing to be ever said.

''what no, no of course not'' she defends herself instantly, ''i dont believe you for one second'' i admit a look of fear crosses her eyes, ''deigo please'' she says and i just shake my head ''dont worry im not going to do anything i just want to know who would hit your daughters car'' i say and she looks down like shes hiding something.

''can you leave my house'' she demands and i just nod, im not one to push where im not welcome. ''thanks for the talk'' i say before leaving the house i hear the door lock behind me, when my eyes travel to my car i see a black SUV parked behind it. i have two choices right now i could walk away and circle around the block or i could just walk to my car. i decide on option two and start walking to my car.

as soon as my hand hits the car door handle they get out of their car, i look to see who it is but they are wearing mask's. ''your done for deigo sinclair'' one of them says before i feel a hard object hit me on the back of the head, knocking my onto the ground. my vision clouds slightly before finally i collapse.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

hello i hope you are looking after yourself and drinking plenty of water

i love you all!!

.k.