chapter twenty-two ~

-lucas bailey-

they square up to each other and touch hands. she goes back to the corner of the ring. and i follow her gaze and see her and deigo looking at each other. he gives her a nod. saying shes ready or whatever they are doing.

but before she can turn around the bell goes off and the man has come running over and picks up maddy throwing her across the ring. her body collides with the floor and i feel Lydia grip my arm from the side.

i look over at her and she just shakes her head at me. ''you ok?'' i question and she just nods looking back at the situation infront of us. maddy has gotten back up now they are circling around each other i see maddy saying something and the guy goes for her but she moves out of the way and he goes into the ropes.

she starts taunting him saying things and making him go for her. he finally makes contact but she blocks it keeping her guard up, she shoots a jab into the mans gut and his knees buckle slightly, there are people cheering and chanting different names. i watch her quickly go behind him and kick the back of his knees making him fall to the ground,

she sends a punch to his face making him fall to the floor, i see her get on top of him and her arms start moving, shes swinging her fists down onto his face over and over again. i see the man come running in and grab her off him.

shes shouting something to the man on the floor. i see the people on the bottom floor cheering and jumping everywhere deigo and his boys are running up into the ring he swoops her up into his arms and spins her, Lydia lets go of me and goes to her, she hugs her and im left here.

what the fuck just happened. i look around and see a couple of familiar faces ones ive sold too or ones ive been in altercations with, i lock eyes with the man i came here with and he looks angry, him and his boys stand around the balcony looking daggers at maddy, she spots them and sticks her middle finger up at them. i laugh lightly. under my breath.

Lydia comes back over to me as maddy walks to what im guessing the changing rooms are. ''you need to leave'' she says and my eye-brows furrow what? why? ''maddy cant know you here'' she explains and i just nod my head, right because im not supposed to be here.

i feel angry that she would keep something like this from me, but them again she knows nothing about me and i know nothing about her we have just shared a kiss and a couple close situations where we have had each others back, but other then that we clearly come from completely different worlds.

i turn away from Lydia and walk out the front door, i hear her shout me once but i ignore her, i get to my car and start it, driving down the road back home i see a car outside of my house. i quickly park up and run over to my house, who the fuck is this.

i walk in through the now unlocked front door and i see my mom in the living room with my brother. they are sat watching tv peacefully ''mom?'' i question making her jump alittle. she looks at me and smile, ''oh honey your back'' she says nervously, and i raise one of my eye-brows, i see her hand move slightly next to her and her finger points to the kitchen door.

i look at the door and hear someone in there, i walk into the kitchen quietly and as soon as i look in the fridge door is open and figure stands behind it, i clear my throat, but the figure dosent jump they just shut the door and i feel my face go pale.

the women who stands infront of me looks like an older version of maddy, same brown hair, same eye-colour. she still has fair skin, but shes dressed more formally then maddy does. ''who are you?'' i question making the lady chuckle alittle.

''oh lucas how have you not figured it out yet?'' she says and my brain gets more confused until it dosent and it all clicks into place, i look down at her hand and she has the same tattoo on her hand that sunny and his boys do, that's why deigos friends said sunny wouldn't be happy that im hanging out with maddy, maddy having a panic attack from seeing crystals body, also her being on edge every time we needed to go back into that neighbourhood, this women sat in my kitchen right now is who shes scared of.

''i can see the little wheels in your head turning, its all making sense now isn't it lucas.'' she says and i nod my head, ''your Clare lively'' i say and she nods her head, i look down at her waist where the gun is attached her hands are no where near it, so hopefully shes not here to cause harm not with my mom and brother in the room next to us.

''what do you want?'' i question wanting her out of my house. ''i know you have contact with my daughter and i want you to stop '' she explains getting straight to the point and i lean against the kitchen counter steading my weight, ''what no i wont stop shes my friend'' i say and her mom shakes her head. ''friends dont make out behind beach rocks or have close interactions with each other they simply just be friends.'' what how does she know all of this.

''let me tell you a little secret, you know deigo right i think everyone does the boy whos always at my daughters back and call when she needs something or someone to entertain her'' she says and i just look away not wanting to hear about how 'perfect' they are for each other. ''well he told me about your little interactions with my daughter, and i dont appreciate you working for me and messing around with my daughter''.

i feel my fists clench deigo the little snitch. and i dont work for her i work for sunny ''i dont work for you i work for sunny to pay of the stuff i owe that's all'' i say and she looks at me, ''who do you think sunny works for lucas'' she questions and i just nod my head finally accepting the truth. ''get out'' i say and she smiles.

''im not done yet'' she states and i shake my head, ''i am so get out'' i say and i see her hand place itself on her waist, ''your mom is a very sweet lady lucas and your brother alex is so cute it would be a shame if something was to happen to them because i didn't get what i want.'' she says and i laugh a little, ''leave'' i say again no one touches my family ive made that very clear over the years.

she gets up and walks back out through the kitchen door, i follow her and watch as she says goodbye to my mom and now sleeping brother. the front door opens and i watch her walk out closing it roughly. my mom sets alex down onto a pillow and follows me into the kitchen. ''what was that?!'' she questions and i just shake my head, ''nothing you need to worry about mom, i love you'' i say kissing her cheek and walking upstairs. ''no lucas please dont shut me out'' she says as im walking up the last few steps , trust me i would love to tell her about all the shit ive gotten myself into but right now is not the best time.

i close my door and flop onto my bed, its 10:00am and im exhausted, maybe i should stay away from her, i cant risk anything happening to my family. i just need to make her hate me, so then its a two way thing and i dont have her running back to me 24/7. but how as soon as i see her im not going to be able to make her hate me, but i have to find a way, i have the weekend to plan out how im going to do it and then i will just do it.

i finally accept sleep letting my body finally relax and my eyes shut.

--------------------

chapter 22

please like vote and comment.

.k.