chapter thirty-one

~Lucas bailey~

Ive messed up, ive really messed up. why did i say those things to her. ''man just talk to her'' callum says from beside me whispering. we are currently sat in homeroom because its our last day of school before winter break and ive really fucked up.

''i doubt she will talk to me after that'' i say and callum shakes his head. Mr, carter gives me and him a stern look as to say stop talking when i am.

i slouch back into my seat, as soon as those words left my mouth i immediately regretted them. shes not pathetic at all, and to be honest my life does revolve around her sometimes but not in a bad way in a way that is so consuming i love it. i miss her.

i miss her smile and when i would make her laugh i miss her stubbornness and how she would never back down from an argument with me, i miss the way she styles her hair and the way she dresses i miss how welcoming her home is but i just miss her.

and its not like i pushed her away for a stupid reason her mom was threating my family and me so i had to stay away from her then football got in the way before i could even talk to her and we went on a trip to look at collage's. so yes ive been busy but i shouldn't have to it out on her.

Lydia came up to me this morning asking whats happened because me callum and marcus didn't sit with them this morning before homeroom. i did say the boys could go but they insisted on staying with me.

the bell rings piercing my ears and i walk towards the gym call, me callum and a few other boys all have been called to a team meeting, after meeting up with rio another boy on my team we all walk to the gym.

i hear the screech and squeak of shoes on the gym hall and realise people are in here. i open the door and see that its the girls group. coach calls us over earning a few glances from the ladies in the group. i see the sly whispering and blushed cheeks and i just carry on walking, a few months ago that would have boosted my ego to the point where i would have nodded or sent them a smirk but now all i can think about is that they are not maddy.

''whats this about?'' i question making coach look at me. ''well Mrs. Smith asked if i could pick a few boys to partner up with the girls to try out the new boxing establishment we just can built'' he explains and i nod just great

there is a few loud voices blaring behind us making coach turn his head. i see maddy and this girl standing face to face shouting at each other. Mrs. Smith orders maddy to step away from the girl and she complies before the girl pushes maddy making her stumble slightly. i see maddy whip around quickly swinging her fist along with her. it connects with the girls face and she stumbles.

that's when a brawl happens, our coach and maddys tries to pry the girls apart when they finally get them apart i see Lydia and amelia come over to me while coach drags maddy over to us aswell. ''that girl is a bomb waiting to explode'' rio says from behind me, i just nod my head not denying it because its true.

''maddy this has to stop'' i hear my coach say before maddys eyes lock onto mine and i smirk alittle. she just looks at me her features softening alittle while making her breath slow-down. good just breath. ''you three girls will be joining us today by the looks of it'' coach explains and maddy just nods.

''as i was saying you boys are going to get partnered with a girl from Mrs. Smiths group and you will be working through several physical activities together, these pairs will also stay after winter break aswell'' coach explains, she signals us to go sit on the benches until Mrs. Smith is ready to bring her girls over.

i go to sit next to Tim but Lydia and amelia grab our hands pulling us over to where the girls are sat. amelia pushes my shoulders down making me sit next to maddy, and i feel the awkwardness radiating off her and this hole situation. ''why did you hit that girl?'' Lydia questions from beside maddy. ''because she pushed me'' maddy says and i roll my eyes there is defiantly more to that story. ''and shes just mouthy anyway she needed it'' maddy says after the silence lingered for long enough and i mentally clap because i was right.

i see Mrs. Smith approaching us and sit up slightly, this isn't going to go well. ''maddy im just going to put it blankly i think her nose is broken'' coach smith says and i hear maddy snicker from beside me before getting a nudge from amelia. ''that's assault'' coach says and i swallow my breath shallow. ''technically she pushed me first so, it would be classed as self-defence'' maddy says standing up now, that's one things ive noticed about her when someone is confronting her she always has to be stood up.

''shall we get this started then'' coach says and i immediately stand up, ''we shall'' i say grabbing callum away from amelia and dragging him over to coach. ''ok we have done the names of how well we think your abilities will fit with each other.'' Mrs. Smith explains earning a couple of nods from several people.

''ok first we have, callum and Bianca'' i hear callum groan from beside me and i giggle like a child. i dont know what coach is trying to say about callum but Bianca has no talents at all. ''next Becky and tim'' ok that makes sense, i watch the two pair up. now that i think about it they would make a good couple.

''amelia and rio'' callum looks up at rio mouthing something that i cant quite understand. coach looks at me and smiles evilly, god what has he done coach has always been like a farther figure to me, always congratulating me on things like test scores and winning matches stuff that would have been nice to hear from my own father but i guess he wasn't man enough to stay after the making of me. ''next we have...''

''maddy and lucas'' i immediately groan, why why now its the worst timing ever. my eyes snap to hers and she just stares ahead ''come on then'' she says walking past me and to the line where we are supposed to line up.

''ok you will not only be doing the physical work but the written work together for this course. this subject is all about boxing'' i see maddy send me a little look from out the corner of my eye and my lips tug alittle. i thought you hated me, stop looking at me.

''now that your done with your partners you are dismissed'' coach says and i furrow my eye-brows in confusion i thought we where trying out the nee equipment. ''coach what happened to trying the new equipment?'' callum questions and i nod my head.

''well if mrs.livley and Mrs. Zed didn't have an altercation and waste time we would have been able to do it'' coach says and i see maddy smile from beside me looking down at her shoes. she thinks this is funny '' we have sorted your packs of information out in the locker room hall go get them and then go to your next lesson''

maddy is the first person out of the room, am i really that bad to be around? well you did say she was pathetic lucas what do you expect? but i didn't mean it.

''well that was a bust'' callum says and i sigh, ''tell me about it'' i say and he just smiles. ''maybe now you will get to make up with maddy, lucas im tired of not sitting with my girlfriend and her obnoxiously loud friends in the morning and between breaks'' he says wrapping an arm around my shoulder.

i shake my head, ''you could still do all of that but you chose not to i didn't force you to stay with me'' i say and he gasps playfully, ''and leave my brother behind never, not in a million years'' he says making me laugh, god i love him

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

chapter thirty one