chapter fourty-five

~maddy lively~

I shoot up out of my unconsciousness coughing into my hand, i feel a hand come to my side i look over and see my dad with puffy eyes. sudden pain courses through my head and i seethe at the feeling. ''go and get the doctor'' my dad demands to whoever else is in the room.

it feels like my chest is caving in, stopping air from getting to my lungs. i think im having a panic attack i grip and my throat trying to tell my dad whats wrong, ''take my hand sweetheart'' he says and i grab his hand squeezing it hard, ''keep doing that for me, now look into the air and i want you to try and make a square with your breath can you do that for me'' i nod my head trying to control my chest from heaving. air finally hits my lungs and i feeling washes over me, relief the doctor comes barging into the room i see the look of the same relief on his face. ''welcome back maddy'' he says and i smile lightly. ive come to the realization that i dont want to ever feel like that again, i dont want to die.

'' you had a pretty nasty crash'' i feel my dad squeeze my hand and i look at him. ''how long have i been out?'' i question the doctor he looks at me with pity, ''answer the question someone'' i say looking around the room, amelia Lydia lucas kane and damon are all here either sat on chairs or standing. ''a week maddy its not long, but the problem is in that week your heart stopped'' the doctor explains and i just sit there, i almost died like actually died my heart stopped.

tears run down my face and i bury my face in my hands. i feel arms wrap around me along with another pair, i look up to see damon on one side with watery eyes and amelia on the other with sobs coming from her mouth, she lets go first but damon just holds me as we both cry, ''you fucking scared me maddy'' he admits and i just smile up at him through watery eyes, i look over to the doctor ''when do i get to go home?'' i question making him laugh lightly.

'' i can release you today but you need to stay off any exercise you do that includes fighting and you will be on bed rest for a week or two until the pain subdues'' he explains and i nod my head just wanting to get home. ''but its your dad's decision since you are still underage'' he says at the end and i look over at my dad with pleading eyes. ''oh come on paul how could you resist that face'' Aliyah says laughing lightly making everyone else chuckle. ''god fine but i promise you now missy if you dont follow the doctors rules im putting you right back here'' he warns and i laugh slightly.

lucas comes over and kisses me on the forehead, ''im sorry im so sorry'' he says and i relax into his touch. couples fight right its not like every relationship is perfect. i just want to make this boy the happiest hes ever been. him and damon both lift me into the wheelchair, my dad grabs the handles and pushes me out of the room. they help me into the car and i get comfortable in my seat. a feeling a nausea washes over me because im back in a car but i push it aside not letting the fear i feel define me right now.

my dad gets into the drivers seat and i rest my head. ''your car is fucked up'' he says pulling out of the car park. ''i figured it would be'' i mumble not really happy with being reminded. ''you never get distracted on the road maddy what happened?'' he questions and i look back through the mirror at lucas with a guilty look on his face.

''ive just been stressed lately dad i swear im fine'' i reassure him and he just nods. ''they managed to recover your phone and to everyone's surprise it wasn't that damaged so i was able to get your sim card out and into another phone'' damon says from the back seat handing me my new phone. ''the password is your birthday'' he says and i nod opening the phone.

i see a bunch of missed calls from lucas and apologies i quickly swipe them away just incase my dad sees them. one message catches my eye though and its from my mom. 'deigo stopped by and said you had been in a car accident please message me back when you get this so i know your ok' my eyes scan over the message several times before it hits me, where is deigo? its not like him to leave me alone i look back at damon. ''damon where's deigo?'' i question and he just shrugs. ''i haven't heard from him since the first night you where put into hospital he did say he needed to talk to someone but he hasn't shown up since'' damon says with a worried look across his face.