chapter thirty-four

~lucas bailey~

My mom has been invited over to someone house for a dinner, my mom is dragging me with her, ive been begging her to let me stay home because i dont fancy sitting at one of her work dinners but she wouldn't stop begging, and telling me how me and her dont spend time with each other as much anymore and how she misses her boy, honestly by now this women should know how much i love her but clearly she dosent since she wants to put me through hell.

the traffic is horrendous today i dont understand why people dont use the traffic lights the government has installed to cross the road, ive almost ran over three people on the way to this house because they didn't look before crossing. i swear the next person isn't going to be so lucky.

''turn right here'' my mom says and i follow her instructions. i dont catch the road name, but this road feels familiar. ''they said its number 17'' my mom says as her eyes scan the door numbers, she finally spots it and squeals slightly, honestly what has this women so excited. my eyes follow hers, making my heart stop.

no im not doing this.

i see maddy and her dad get out of her car as we are pulling up to the drive way of her house. ''mom why didn't you tell me this is maddys house?'' i question and my mom just shrugs. ''you and her are friends it wouldn't make a difference if i told you or not'' my mom says and i sigh turning my car off and getting out.

maddys eyes catch onto mine, making me stop in her eye line. im sorry maddy i really am sorry. ''ah lucas my boy how are you?'' maddys dad questions pulling me in for a hug. ''how's football going i heard you went on the trip i bet that was amazing'' her dad says and i nod trying not to look at the girl next to her farther. before she speaks up. ''can we go inside dad im freezing'' she says shivering slightly. i would give you my jacket but im afraid you might make a scene. ''of course we can pumpkin'' he says making her smile.

as we enter the lively house im filled with warmth already, the smell of food fills my senses and i feel my stomach grumble. i look around quickly to make sure no one heard that, but at last im caught. i see maddy smirking at me from beside her dad as hes talking to my mom. ''would you like a drink?'' her dad says and my mom agrees they both head into the kitchen leaving me and maddy alone.

''you look nice'' maddy says making me smile lightly, now that i think about it everyone is dressed formally tonight its either shirts or dresses. maddy looks gorgeous tonight, her hair is curled and flowing naturally down her back. she has a black dress on that's loosely fitted on her body but making her look amazing. she has three rings on her left hand, two of them gold and one silver with three diamonds on it. her ankle has a thin gold ankle bracelet on it with some black heels, she has a gold pendant on her neck making her skin look darker then normal. she has three earrings in her ears now instead of two, im guessing she got new piercings. honestly breathtaking.

''you look amazing'' i say and i see her checks flush a light shade of pink before smiling lightly. i see her eyes fall alittle, ''are you ok?'' i ask the question ive been meaning to ask for a couple of weeks now. ''im fine lucas if you follow me everyone will be in the living room until dinner is done'' she says walking past me, i try and grab her arm because im not ready for the moment to end but she grabs it out of my grip and walks through the door. almost leaving me all over again.

i run a hand over my face frustrated with the hole situation. i pull open the door and catch a few looks from random people ive never seen before in my life. i look over and catch the eyes of amelia and Lydia. they both wave at me and call me over. ''hey'' Lydia says smiling at me and i look between the two girls. ''hey'' i say before sitting next to the spot amelia was patting.