chapter five ~

~Lucas bailey ~

The bell rang for fourth period to be over and i felt my stomach grumble, fucking finally. i finally get to eat. then i remember what's on the menu today and i decide that todays not my day because spaghetti at school is disgusting.

''hey bailey'' i hear mason call over to me and i roll my eyes. i hate this kid hes so stuck up and full of himself its fucking annoying.

''what do you want mason'' i say walking away but he comes up beside me like a lost puppy, i see his smug smile and i try and keep my fists by my side, just don't hit him, i repeat to myself '' i was just making sure you where ok after everything'' he says and i stop what the fuck dose he think hes doing. he is basically the one who caused all the problems in my life and he has the audacity to ask me if im ok.

i turn to him and push him up against the lockers '' who the fuck do you think you are asking me if im ok'' i question him likes hes got any privilege to even look in my direction after everything hes done. I slam him against the lockers again when he dosent answer me, ''ok ok im sorry'' he says quivering and i drop him laughing quietly '' all talk no bite i see mason keep it up and see where it gets you'' i watch him scramble and fall i turn to walk away ignoring all the stares and carry on walking down the hall, . i walk through the hall doors and go straight to my table not wanting lunch because lets be real when has school lunches ever been a good thing to eat.

''you good man'' i hear callum question me from the seat next to me. '' just mason getting on my last nerve again'' i say and marcus rolls his eyes'' do you want me and callum to go tag team him since you cant'' marcus says getting riled up causing me to laugh lightly honestly these boys are the only ones who can put a smile on my face these days , i shake my head with a small smile on my face, '' im good thanks though'' i say putting a hand on his shoulder before looking down at his plate.

''spaghetti'' gross don't get me wrong i like food, just not the schools. after a while everyone goes off into there own conversations and i decide i need a piss. i get up and walk out of the hall. i look down at my phone texting my sister to make sure she's ok. until i feel my body collide into something else, well more like someone else.

''fuck'' i curse under my breath as my phone drops onto the floor along with another. I look up to see whos face im going to be connecting my fist with until i see not a boy but a girl. i immediately open my fist back up because my mom taught me to never hit a girl. '' shit im sorry'' she says looking up at me with dark eyes, she scrambles to the floor to try and pick up her stuff she dropped and i decide to help her.

im being nice to someone i just met shocker.

''here'' i say giving her the last piece of paper that fell out of her hands, i feel my hand graze against hers and a warm sensation spreads through my body. '' thank you...'' she says trailing off because she doesn't know my name '' lucas'' i say ''thank you lucas'' she says god my name sounds nice coming from her.

''well here you go'' she says handing me my phone and walking away from me, she doesn't seem shy she just seems in a rush, she walks with her head high and i like it.

i look back over my shoulder to see her already looking at me she smiles lightly before turning to face the front quickly and i smile shaking my head, i walk into the bathroom to finally do the thing i come out here for.

~maddys lively~

I hand lucas his phone and walk away back to the hall. Not without having a second glance at the boy who made me feel something just by looking at him, i hand Lydia her stupid notes for science class she made we go to her locker and get her homework since i needed the rest room anyway. stupid girl.