chapter seventeen ~

~maddy lively~

After a couple drinks and rounds of dancing in the moonlight i finally felt good i wasn't worry about what damon said or about my family life or even better i wasn't giving myself time to think about myself.

i caught Lucas's eyes a couple of times tonight but other then that hes been distant. but that's ok because i know he will come back, they always do.

''heyy'' amelia came up to me slurring her words and leaning onto my shoulder me not steady myself fell and we both landed in the sand. we locked eyes for a moment before bursting out laughing, i kept my eyes on hers or trying to but i couldn't help but notice the sly glances over my outfit.

''my eyes are up here love'' i say feeling the buzz of the drinks filling my head and warming my stomach. i place both my hands onto her face making her look at me. i could have sworn she leaned in until callum came behind her and picked her up spinning her around obviously tipsy himself.

i felt a pair of hands wrap around my waist and pull me up to face them. it was the one and only lucas, ''hey'' i said smiling like an idiot he let his eyes roam around my face and my body i felt a flush of heat spread down to my stomach and up to my cheeks.

''have you been drinking?'' he questions and i start to laugh isn't it obvious i nod my head looking into the sky to see the starts, beautiful. lucas was about to say something before someone shouted me.

''maddy lively!'' my name was shouted from a girl walking closer to me but i couldn't quite make out who it was until she got closer and my vision started to focus. Emily not going to lie i haven't seen this girl since, i went to see my mother and shes not someone i wanna remember.

''hey'' i say while she wraps her arms around my neck to give me a hug. ''how have you been'' she questions in her usual classy tone. ''im good how about you'' suddenly im feeling very sober. seeing her just brings back old memories ''im good, well it was nice seeing you'' she says giving me one last kiss on the cheek before walking off.

i look at lucas to see his eyes on her i scoff making his head turn. ''you know her?'' i question and he just nods looking back at her. ''ex-girlfriend'' he says looking back at me. ''well i guess we both have met each others ex's now'' i say looking around the beach for the boy with black hair and tattoos, i finally spot him tackling one of his friends to the ground,

play fighting im guessing.

''yeah i guess we have'' lucas says smiling at me. the soft rhythm of the music filling my body with joy. i walk over to lucas and grab his hand. ''come'' i say dragging him lightly to the bonfire where other people where dancing. mainly couples i think considering the song. cant help falling in love - Elvis Presley is the song playing and im very much enjoying it.

i wrap my arms around his neck while his hands are placed onto my waist, we start slowly swaying to the soft melody. my foot catches on something on the ground and i fall. i close my eyes expecting the ground to be beneath me but no.

i open my eyes to be met with the beauty of his emerald green ones. hes caught me so im bowed down like they do in the 80's movies, or how Stefan does it in vampire diaries. he pulls me back up, our lips inches from each others i can feel my lips screaming to just brush against his.

clearly he has the thoughts too, because its not long till his lips have met mine. its a hungry and passionate kiss, cant remember to forget you-Shakira and Rhianna starts playing and it couldn't be more fitting.

we are up against a rock now my back placed against the hard surface of the stone. my legs wrapped around his waist while our hands explore each other. i let out a little whimper. while he groans into my mouth. this feels right and wrong all at the same time i love it. the lyrics are blasting through my head and they couldn't be more fitting.