chapter fourty-eight

~maddy lively~

I advert my gaze to my bedroom window, seeing that my dad has just turned up in my new beauty of a car, with the money from the boxing obviously i use it to provide for my family and pay half of the house bill but there was still some left over and i really missed having a car. jay comes from behind me ''dam that's fire'' he says and i laugh i love cars honestly i dont need nothing special but give me a car that has speed and i will be happy.

we both run downstairs its been a good day so far Aliyah got a job promotion to manger today shes gone for the interview she said shes finally feeling better mentally to start work and im so happy for her honestly it warmed my heart when she was getting ready and then asking me if she looked good.

jay has been getting his applications in for collage, he said i need to start doing that soon since we graduate in the next few months, or maybe its just one month i cant really remember, i walk out of the front door and my dad comes out laughing. i hug him while he giggles.

my dad didn't have the best childhood and i know hes a lover of cars just like me i think driving this car has made his inner child happy since hes giggling and jumping like a kid, he tries to talk but is lost for words, when he realizes what hes doing he clears his throat quickly and straightens his posture. ''its a good car but be careful you dont want to wreak this one and we dont need you in another car accident anyway'' i nod my head and let him walk back into the house but not with hearing a little woo from the inside.

i get into the drivers seat and close the door, the car is already started and i just sit back and smile. i get a text from Lydia says everyone is meeting at the football field for a team to play and i then realize that's today, i quickly reverse out of the driveway and make my way to school. i missed lucas's last few games because of life problems but he still managed to be at my fights i feel like shit for it so im going to make the effort today.

plus this will give me a chance to talk to principle smith even though i really dislike the man i need to know if i can get extra help after school because i really want to graduate with my friends and not be held behind because of some simple problems that occurred.

i message Aliyah saying i will pick her up from work since this football thing stops at 4 and she finishes and 4:50 i will be able to grab a coffee or something on my way. i press my foot down on the gas speeding slightly i have my windows open just letting the wind blow through my hair. i see my school parking lot come into view and i slow down going to 28 speed limit.

i park and get out walking over to the field in the back of the school, deigo is getting let out of the hospital today so i will probably go visit him later since i actually have a car now. today is going to be a busy day.

i look up to see Lydia waving at me from a seat on the bleachers, i squeeze through the crowd saying some excuse ME's to the people i like and then just barging the people i dont. ''they have just said its five minuets till the game'' Lydia says and amelia squeals i look at her outfit and smile. shes wearing our school colours with callums number on her back, her blonde hair is in a half up half down style with two pig tails, with the rest of her hair hanging free and a couple of strands framing her face.

honestly they are the cutest couple ive ever seen, the amount of times shes called me crying and i thought i was going to have to have words with him but no it was because hes treating her so well or he done something nice for her, if it was anyone else i wouldn't care but because its her i care i care so much.

the bell sounds in the air and the crowd stands up along with me and other girls cheering loudly. i see him run out onto the field and i smile, his head snaps up to the crowd and i see them scanning it, suddenly Lydia starts pointing and waving her hands in the air, but shes not just pointing into the air no shes pointing at me. i feel my face warm slightly god this girl.