chapter twenty-nine

~maddy lively~

''we look amazing'' Lydia says admiring herself in the mirror tonight the fighting ring is throwing a huge Halloween party to celebrate the return of its favourite time of year, plus i think the owner is just a huge Halloween freak.

a knock sounds on the door and jay walks in wearing a devils costume, well more reveling then i think his mom would like but it is what it is, i think im getting used to them being together now. plus its nice to see Lydia happy again and if my brother is the one to do that then i cant really stop them.

me Lydia and amelia all decided that we would go as the purge, i have fish net tights on my legs with heels at the bottom we all have little black mini skirts and black crop tops, that we are covering with some white shirts, that we stole from the boys but they dont need to know that. finally we have our masks, amelia decided she wanted pink i decided on yellow and turns out Lydia already had a blue one from last year but she didn't get to wear it.

i get my heels and put them on tying the last strap on my leg, i pulled my now curly hair to the front so i comes down at the sides of my mask. i come out of the bathroom to see the girls and jay all waiting on the bed. Lydia whistles while amelia slowly claps. ''oh stop it'' i say laughing lightly, i probably wont wear this mask all night so i have some deep red make-up underneath just in case.

its 11pm right now and the only reason my dad is ok with us going out is that we said it was a simple house party on the out skirts of town. honestly im surprised he let us go after everything lately. we are taking my car because i just got it out of the shop, i got new paint as well as some upgrades because my car desperately needed it.

''come on before my dad changes his mind'' i say grabbing my baseball bat and my purse before walking downstairs. we say goodbye to everyone and walk towards my car. Lydia sits in the passenger seat earning a very disapproving look from jay which makes me giggle.

''music anyone'' i say while starting the car and reversing out of my driveway, jay grabs the phone and scrolls through a playlist, finally Judas-lady gaga comes on and i smile lightly there is no doubt that this song will be played in tonight's party. and i love lady gaga in general so i think this should be good.

--------

we make it to the place and i can just imagen the chaos going on inside. amelia clings to my arm and i squeeze it reassuringly. ''we got this'' i know amelia has some anxiety when it comes to parties but ive reassured her time and time again that nothing will happen to her when im here.

''hey Robert'' i say catching the attention of the desk man, hes a nice guy good enough for a night of fun if anyone needed it. ''hands please'' he says i place my hand on the desk and he stamps it, but the stamp has changed this time its a little ghost, i smile lightly at the print and walk towards the door leading to the party.

jay goes first and i squeeze amelias hand again reassuring her. Lydia goes down next and i see her grab jays hand making sure she stays close, cute, as soon as my feet hit the floor, my body heads straight for the bar. this time the space is bigger the cage for the ring has been pulled up so now its somewhere by the roof. and its just left the fighting area in the middle, with people standing all over it.

i order shots for everyone ''you have a good night miss'' the bartender says not being able to recognize me through my mask. its good because i dont like the guy at all. i take the tray and sit at one of the booths. jay and Lydia come and join me along with amelia. ''have you heard of callum?'' Lydia questions and i just zone out , callum is friends with lucas so if he was here lucas probably would be too. great.

''lets do these before someone causes any trouble.'' i say lifting my mask slightly and clanking my glass with the others before we all tip our heads back and swallow the spicy liquid, i let it burn slightly before swallowing again. ''that's disgusting'' jay says and i just laugh. ''seconds anyone?'' i say and they nod, i need something to be able to relax slightly. ''another round please'' i say and he just smiles. ''quick drinker aren't you'' he says and i nod just wanting the drinks.