Gone

"When she's sleeping in the bed we made 

Don't you dare forget about the way 

you betrayed me." 

- Excerpt from traitor by Olivia Rodrigo

We go back to the house and I walk into Lorenzo's bedroom. I dig in the closet to find some duffel bags and/or suitcases and pull out two duffel bags.

"Chloe?" I ask and I turn to look back at her, "Can you take all of my clothes in the closet and begin putting them in the suitcase."

I'm trying to busy myself with something because, if not, I'm going to end up breaking down and crying.

I mean it's eventually going to happen but not right now. When I'm comfortably gone.

Gone.

"Are you going to leave him?" Chloe asks and I swallow hard, furiously blinking the tears away.

"There is no place for me anymore."

Once that sentence leaves my mouth, uncontrollable tears fall down and I pull my knees close together.

After calming down a bit, I stand right back up and take a deep breath in and out.

"You should've seen Lorenzo," I begin, "Look at how he looked at her."

"They're in love again."

That's the thing I dread the most. It was what I didn't want to happen.

I wanted him to stay with me, live in complete perfection. I mean, we argue sometimes but that was that. He told me that he never loved her and that he loves me and all that but he doesn't.

Even if he does love me, somehow. You will always love someone more... That's what I learned from personal experience.

Lorenzo is just a liar.

A fucking liar and I caught him red-handed.

"I'm sorry," Chloe says and I bite the inside of my cheek, "I'll start on the clothes."

I grab a duffel bag, the one smaller than the rest. The one I took originally and looking inside of it, it was empty.

He probably emptied it.

I'm going to need some money in order to get fully away from him and be able to properly stand on my feet so as to not be a burden to anyone.

My plan is to sell some of the clothes that I have but I have a plan just in case it's not enough and I need urgent money.

I go into Lorenzo's office and make my way to the safe, hiding behind filing cabinets, papers, boxes, etc.

I take a deep breath. I don't like stealing from people but it's all worth it in the end.

Plus he deserves it... piece of shit.

I take about 20 bundles of cash. Each bundle holds around $5,000. In turn, I'm taking $100,000.

It's ironic.

It's about the same amount of money Zhara would've given me if I had broken up with Lorenzo.

Maybe if I accepted, it would've prevented the heartache I'm feeling right about now.

I zip up the bag and walk back into the bedroom. She finishes up zipping up the last bag. The pile has two extra duffel bags.