Lilith

{no quote}

I wake up and I'm surprised I even managed to fall asleep after all.

I never really feel comfortable sleeping in this house. I get up and brush my teeth and then I make my way downstairs.

I see Brielle and Sergei and they're already dressed.

"Are you guys going somewhere?" I ask, sitting down on the table where food is.

"Brielle isn't but I am," Sergei says. I'm surprised he told me. Usually he would tell me to mind my business.

"Papa?"

"Upstairs getting ready."

I nod and look at the food on the table. It's Syriniki, which is a Russian cheese pancake which is absolutely delicious. It's served with an array of fruits.

I look to see what Brielle is eating and it's Buckwheat porridge which is never fulfilling. I only ate it when I was sick and I had to eat something.

He's most definitely trying to make her lose weight. Brielle was, well she still is, beautiful before so why in the world would you kidnap her if you don't like everything about her, especially shapewise.

Sergei makes no sense.

I listen to what Papa told me last night and keep my mouth shut, eating my breakfast.

After breakfast, I go upstairs and take a shower. When I'm finished I put on some clothes; a yellow sweatshirt and dark blue jeans.

I finish some of my work waiting for Sergei to leave, which is 20 minutes after I finish changing.

The second I see Sergei's car leave the lot, I immediately go looking for Brielle. It's just us two so I don't have to worry about anyone bothering us or potentially scaring Bri from talking to me.

I find Brielle sitting in the library, reading a book, which is a shocker. I know he has a library here but... I didn't know she had any enjoyment in books.

Well, I think that's her only enjoyment in this house.

Brielle looks up and stares at me for just a little bit before standing up and trying to walk out of the room.

"Brielle, stop." I say, turning around to face her and she stops in her tracks, surprisingly. I thought she would just leave and not listen to me.

"We shouldn't be seen together," she mumbles, "I'll get in trouble."

"Sergei is gone," I reassure her, "He won't be coming back for a while."

Brielle's head whips to face me and I smile wide. I thought she would still leave regardless but she doesn't and that makes me happy.

"Really?" she whispers and I nod. She instantly throws her body against mine, wrapping her arms around me. I'm caught a little off guard but I put my arms around her back and envelop her in warmth and love.

I dig my face in her neck and I smell her scent but it's nothing like back at home. It's probably the difference in perfume.

"I miss you," I mumble against her skin. She probably doesn't hear what I said but the fact that I still said it... it just makes the situation much better.

I wish I could kiss her...

I pull away from her. Now I can ask the questions that have been bugging me.

"Is Sergei hitting you?" I ask. Her eyes go wide but then they furrow in absolute sorrow, probably reminiscing on the times he's hurt her.

"No, he's not," she says but her voice is shaking at the end of her sentence.