(Just) Friends...?

"You say we're just friends

But friends don't know the way you taste, la-la-la"

- Excerpt from Señorita by Shawn Mendes & Camilla Cabello

Lorenzo kept his promise. He brought me someplace and it was the mall. It made me really happy because I love shopping and now, with the opportunity of getting wants instead of needs, I can get cute stuff now.

Enzo continuously tried to bring me into a store called "Vanity Fair" to buy some lingerie for me to wear and him to see.

I told him I'm not buying it and I kept my word. I already have enough lingerie, I didn't bring them, so why would I need to buy more?

I bought some souvenirs because I want to remember coming to a place like this. Plus, Anna would love to get one of these and she wanted a gift when I came back. Enzo didn't understand it but why would he?

Souvenirs are for remembrance and when you have the money like Enzo and can just get up and fly to wherever. You don't really need to do that.

Even after explaining that to him, he still didn't get it.

He bought it for me though.

We're walking around the mall now. I only bought a couple of things, dresses, that I found really cute. Lorenzo doesn't seem to need anything but if I even blink at something, he will drop everything to buy it for me.

"Brielle?!" I hear someone shout and I'm confused. Who? Is it someone else?

I look back behind me and I see a blonde girl with an adorable face that I will never forget.

Chloe?

We hold eye-contact with each other just a little bit. Neither of us wanted to move because we could both be entirely wrong. I could not be Brielle and she could not be Chloe but...

I am.

"Chloe?" I ask. I say it low enough because I'm uncertain of what I'm even saying.

She gives me a smile and nod. I drop my bags and I run to her. I hug her tightly and I can feel her arms wrap around my body.

Chloe, my little sister. I'm actually seeing her in front of me after four long years.

"I'm so happy to see you!" she shouts and then tones down. Chloe looked stunning, beautiful, she always was. She was nicknamed 'sunshine' for the exact reason.

Her eyes shift to the person behind me, Lorenzo.

"Oh, shit. This is Lorenzo, he's my friend," I say introducing him, "This is Chloe, my sister."

"So, why are you here?" I ask.

"I want to buy Dad a birthday gift," she says, giggling. I shift my feet nervously.

Lucas.

Dad.

I'm a bit disappointed that this man exists and he's still alive and kicking. I don't know anything about my mother but I really hope that she's not alive as well.

If she is, all I know is that she hates my fucking guts.

"Guys, go on without me, okay?" Chloe says, talking to her friends. They all agree and walk off, occasionally turning back to look at us.

"Lor-"

"Okay. I'm leaving," he states and walks off in a direction. I raise a brow. I barely finish my sentence before he leaves.