Scotty Boy

"The great thing about new friends is that they bring new energy to your soul." 

- Excerpt by Shanna Rodriguez

We're putting our duffel bags in the backseat of the car when I see a car roll up in the driveway.

"Who's that?" I ask and Lorenzo shrugs but looks anxiously at the car.

The car stops and out comes Chloe and we calm down. Lorenzo especially since he seemed on edge watching the car arrive and he even put his hand on my back in a protective stance.

Chloe honestly looks hot as shit, popping out of her car with her sunglasses on.

I walk up to her and ask, "What are you doing here?"

"Well, to thank you guys for giving me the car, I would like to drive you guys to the airport," she says and I laugh, glancing over to Enzo. That really doesn't seem to be a bad idea but based on his face it might be.

"Bri, I don't know-"

"Come on, don't be so uptight. It'll be fine. We gave her a car for a reason, didn't we?" I ask and he contemplates it but then lets out a sigh opening the backseat of the car and I smile when I see him taking the bags out of it.

"I can't wait!" I squeal as I follow Chloe to her car. I hop into the passenger seat and Enzo throws the bags in the car seat, entering inside the back.

"Let's go!" I shout when we're all buckled up and Chloe speeds off.

The entire time, Chloe goes rather fast down highways and non-busy streets. Lorenzo tells her to slow down and that this is very unsafe but did she listen to him?

Nope.

He was grumbling Russian words but we were just blasting music and letting the wind run through our hair because it's really fun.

When we arrive at the airport, Lorenzo is the first one out of the car and it makes us both burst out laughing. We get out of the car and Lorenzo grabs our bag saying he's going to be inside and in the line.

I turn to Chloe and I give her a smile. I'm so glad I manage to come for her birthday.

Chloe pulls me into a tight hug and I hug her back not wanting to be apart from my sister.

"I'm going to miss you," she mumbles in the crook of my neck and we pull apart from one another.

"I will too."

"I should come visit Los Angeles," she says and I nod in agreement.

In some places, the ones where I got the luxury to actually see, Los Angeles is pretty but most of the time you don't see that.

"It would be nice. I'll give you a tour if you ignore all the crackheads and prostitutes," I tell her, playfully slapping her on the shoulder.

I'm saying that as if I wasn't a sex worker at one point.

We both end up laughing and we hug once more. I turn around and leave, blowing her a kiss as I enter inside the airport.

I find Lorenzo waiting in a line and I catch up to him and attempt to grab my bag from his hand but he doesn't let me.

Of course.

"Lorenzo, I-"

"If you want Chloe to visit us, I'll see if I can make something work," he says, not breaking his stare at the numerous police officers in the airport.