Deja Vu

"Day drunk into the night

Wanna keep you here

'Cause you dry my tears."

- Excerpt from Talking Body by Tove Lo

He grabs my wrist and pulls me down to the ground. If my other arm wasn't out then I would've hit my head hard on the tile floor.

I try to swing my other hand to slap him and get him the fuck off of me but the only thing I manage to do is scratch his cheek which didn't even seem to phase him.

"You know what you do all the time?" he asks and I shake my head. I don't. I have no idea.

"You show off your body to other men and not me. Not me at all. I'm your boyfriend," he says. He is now on top of me and this man is acting absolutely insane.

I shake my head vigorously. I feel a tear slide down my cheek.

"I'm not your girlfriend," I whisper. This man needs serious mental help. I'm not his girlfriend and even though I vocalized that numerous times this man still doesn't get the memo.

I want someone to help me. Based on all the noises we are making, someone must've woken up or considered calling the police, but I know I would end up getting no help. In this neighborhood there is a rule.

If you hear or see anything you know you shouldn't have. You don't say anything.

No matter what.

I try to push him off of me but I can't. He is putting most of his body weight on top of me and I can barely move my lower half.

I'm scared.

He grabs both of my wrists and puts them above my head. While holding my wrist with one hand, he trails a finger from my jawline to my collarbone. He then goes down to the tie I made on my robe and undo it.

Is he about to rape...

I begin crying, closing my eyes tightly.

No.

Please, tell me he's going to do something else. Anything but that.

Please, somebody, anybody. Save me.

I feel all the pressure on my wrist release and I shoot open my eyes.

Does he have sympathy for me?

I see Lorenzo holding the man by the shoulder and slamming him into the wall which causes my dresser to shake.

Lorenzo and Alex begin fighting with one another. However, Alex is significantly smaller and skinnier than Lorenzo so he is gaining the upper hand.

I curl up in a ball. I'm scared and I don't even want to move. I just want this whole thing to be over but I'm slightly happy.

Lorenzo came.

Lorenzo throws a right hook in his face and he falls back on the floor. He grabs the knife that I dropped on my failed attempt to hurt him and stands up, holding it to Lorenzo.

Even though I know that it's a bad idea, Alex probably doesn't. Lorenzo is an assassin who murdered two mafia groups and probably killed more.

Lorenzo grabs Alex's wrist and takes the knife from him. He flips him over where Alex's back is pressed against his chest.

He holds the knife against his throat.

"We could do this the easy way or the hard way. Leave her alone or simply die," he threatens.