The Gifts

"Santa baby, I want a yacht and really that's not a lot

Been an angel all year

Santa baby, so hurry down the chimney tonight."

- Excerpt from Santa Baby by Eartha Kitt

I wake up and I look around the room because I'm filled with a sense of unfamiliarity until I realize what and why I'm doing here. I look and see the T.V which is on a news channel.

I probably accidentally fell asleep with it on.

I look at the time in the corner of the screen and my heart drops. It says December 24. I don't know how long I'm here but now I know. God. It's been something like a month.

I want to give Cassidy a doll named Teddy Ruxpin because that's something she wants and something that Anna just... can't afford.

If I'm here... how in the world am I supposed to give it to her now?

I hear someone walk into the room followed by another person who is towering over Violet. This woman is wearing heels but still. I can't be surprised. Violet is shorter than me and I'm around... 5'10 maybe 5'11.

Violet turns to me, a tad-bit startled probably due to my awakening, and walks over, "You feeling alright?" she asks and I nod.

"Well, the woman next to me is Dariya," she says and she waves. She has short brown hair and the only tattoo I see is around her neck. I bet you, she has more.

She looks a lot like... Lorenzo but with brown hair.

"Hello, beautiful," she says, grabbing my hand and kissing my knuckles. I'm not gay but I'm swooning. I'm pretty sure the entire group is Russian just like the last group was all Mexican.

While Violet is tending to my ankle, she asks me, "What would you like for Christmas?"

I remember Cassidy again and I don't really want anything for Christmas. My deepest wish is to see my sister again but with her being a minor and with my psychopathic father. It will be next to impossible.

"Hey, are you alright?" Violet asks, concerned. I snap out of my daze and I realize that they are both looking at me questionably.

"Well..." I start, "I want to give my goddaughter a gift but I can't because, you know, I'm here," I confess.

"Oh, I'm sorry, honey," Violet apologizes. It's not her fault though. I'm here. However, I can imagine the face that Cassidy will make when she doesn't get the gift that she wants.

"I can do it," Dariya tells me and I turn my head towards her.

"You don't have to. It's fine." She shakes her head.

"I am. That's my Christmas gift for you," she says, smiling, "What were you planning on getting her?"

"Uh... you still don't have to," I tell her but she glares at me, "Well, I was planning on getting her a Teddy Ruxpin."

"Okay, I'll get that," she says and she turns around ready to leave before I yell," Wait! I need to tell you her address!" but she shoo me off.

"I'll find out!"

I lean back in my chair. Then realization hits me.

I feel stupid about what I have done. I just told this woman in an assassin group where my best friend and her child live. They won't hurt her, right?