Birthday Delight

"You say you want passion, I think you found it 

Get ready for action, don't be astounded." 

- Excerpt from Birthday Sex by Jeremiah

BRIELLE WILLIAMS

I finish up with the steamed broccoli on my plate. It's dinner time and even though food is my comfort I'm feeling rather uncomfortable.

Lorenzo, who I'm sadly in front of, is staring at me but I'm trying my best to ignore it. The entire group is here plus Natalie.

When I tell you this woman is getting on my nerves.

Natalie recently has gotten her nails done and because of that she keeps glancing at her ring and showing it off. She also continued asking advice for a wedding dress and if the nails would match a white dress. She doesn't want it to be simple but very extravagant.

I can't blame Natalie because I would do the same thing.

If Natalie lived with us and Enzo proposed to me, I would show off as much as I humanly could. Especially with Natalie's obvious attraction towards him.

I'm so jealous.

Marrying Enzo is my dream as well, not only hers.

Yet, she's the only one who gets their dreams to become reality.

It won't happen to me unless he calls off the wedding which doesn't seem to be happening.

Soon, it's only me and Natalie at the table. Why she's still here is baffling but I tend to ignore a lot of stuff she does.

Well try to.

I'm on my second round of dessert that Dariya made. I can't help it because it's my favorite. Russian honey cake.

Natalie scrunches up in her face in disgust when she sees me sit down and bite into my cake.

"How in the world can Enzo stand you?" Natalie insults, glaring at the plate I have in front of me.

"What do you mean?" I ask, hoping she would realize how rude she's being.

"You're eating too much," she admits, "You just ate dinner and now two slices of cake. You're just a slob."

She then looks back at whatever piece of paper she has that pertains to the wedding.

Hate me all you want because of Lorenzo and I's "relationship" but don't talk about me eating especially since I just recovered from a possible eating disorder.

I try to contain all my anger but I just snap, "What is your problem?! I did absolutely nothing to you."

She chuckles, fakely as if I just told her a lie.

"So what, you're getting married to Lorenzo. You are just annoying all of us with this stupid marriage talk. Enzo probably the most."

After saying that, it's obvious I completely peeved her off because she scoffs.

"You're only mad that Lorenzo didn't propose to you," she snickers, "Enzo is just being truthful to himself. He's in love with me."

"That's not true," I blurt out, "He loves me."

"If that's so true," she says, "then why isn't the ring... on your finger."

I bite my lip. I don't have anything to say. God, I wish I kept my mouth shut, I just got mad.