The Green-Eyed Monster

"Jealousy in romance is like salt in food. A little can enhance the flavor, but too much can spoil the pleasure and under certain circumstances, can be life-threatening." 

- Excerpt from Maya Angelou 

I'm grabbing a sandwich in the kitchen before I go to work. I was tired when I came home and just went straight to sleep, skipping lunch and it's too late to eat dinner.

I feel arms wrap around my torso and I know there's only one person who would do something like this.

Lorenzo.

"Do you have to go to work now?" he mumbles in my ear, causing a laugh to be let out.

"Yes, I have work, Lorenzo. You've been so against me working," I tell him, slathering peanut butter across the other half of the bread.

"Der'mo," he whispers, planting a kiss on my neck. It causes my neck to twitch just a little at the sudden and unexpected contact with his lips.

I bet you he's going to leave hickies to "stake" his claim.

I slap the other half of the bread, with jelly on it, finishing up my peanut butter and jelly sandwich. I turn around to face Lorenzo and he looks annoyed.

"He's going to be there and I don't want him to be there. I won't be there to protect you," he tells me, looking down in my eyes.

I take a bite out of my sandwich and just look at him, casually.

"I don't need protection," I tell him and he looks at me, not being convinced of what I just told him. Imagine being allergic to peanut butter, really couldn't be me. This shit is so good and creamy.

"Lorenzo, it's part of my job to do something like this. It's just harmless flirting between people, calm down," I tell him, finishing up my sandwich.

Enzo's jaw twitches. Okay, I know for a fact that he didn't like what I just said, however I'm telling him the truth.

"Harmless. Flirting?" he seethes, "So you're actually flirting with him. Why?"

I laugh but his face shows seriousness. He doesn't find this situation funny. Why? Lorenzo seems to be an entitled person that isn't used to not getting what he wants.

Enzo grabs my waist, pulling me close to him. I place my hand on his chest and I still want to roam my hands on the muscle underneath them, but it's not the time for that right now.

"You're mine, why are-"

I push him, getting out of his grip but he immediately latches on my waist again, pulling me close.

"Excuse me?" I scoff, laughing, "I'm not yours. Why are you assuming that?"

"You are. You just don't want to admit it," he teases and I roll my eyes not wanting to smile at his stupidity.

"Come on, Angel," he whispers and I let out a laugh but I immediately put back my serious face on. I don't want him to know that I really don't mind him saying that but it's not okay.

-Ish.

"You're mine, okay," he whispers, kissing me again on my neck, "Don't talk to him too much."

I give him a nod and grab his hands, forcing them to let go of my waist. I should give in though. I can't push this man, I still remember he's dangerous, very much dangerous.

If I flirt too much with Jonas, he might hurt him. He was already obsessed with me before I don't think anything has changed.

"I need to go to work," I say and I walk out of the kitchen.