Occupational Hazard

"The bed's getting cold and you're not here, the future we hold is so unclear

but I'm not alive until you call, and I'll bet the odds against it all." 

- Excerpt from The Heart Wants What It Wants by Selena Gomez

LORENZO ANTONOV

Brielle is not back to her physically healthy self. She's kind of eating healthily again but she's still incredibly skinny; baby steps.

Be slow.

Now, I need to help her mental health which I've already been doing by looking into multiple mental health therapists.

I would choose mine, the person I had when I was younger and more... mentally unstable but I'm staying away from giving her a man. Especially what Sergei had just put her through.

I have her permission because forcing her to do something might delay her recovery. I found out that she's a bit nervous leaving the house, she just feels uncomfortable and so I'm finding a therapist who's fine to come inside the house and work.

I don't care how much money it would take as long as she's back to her better self.

I was looking through the seventh person because I didn't like the previous one when someone bursts into my office.

"Go away," I grumble because it's just pure disrespect to not knock and it's either Mama or Brielle but it's not them because it's her.

I look up to see Natalie who's fuming, her cheeks red contrasting her light-skinned face.

"For the past three days I want to know where you were because you weren't answering your phone," she huffs. I roll my eyes, if she continues talking to me I'm going to get a headache.

"Sorry, I wasn't near any phones," I lie. I just completely ignored any phones that were ringing. Especially the one in Brielle's hospital room. It rang so much that I wanted to break it in half but I muted it instead.

I really don't care about her. Harsh, I know but believe me, she's not worth my time.

"What do you need?" I ask. I want this woman out of my office and so I can focus.

"I want to talk about the wedding and-"

The second the word "wedding" came out of her mouth, I threw my hand up. I don't want to speak to her, especially about that. That's the last thing I care about.

My mood is already sour, especially whenever I see the faint bruises on Brielle even though I'm a bit happier because she's home and safe. Well...kind of.

Natalie huffs, crossing her arms over her chest, "I'm your fiance!"

Yeah, don't remind me.

"I don't care right now. Leave me alone and we'll talk later," I grumble, hoping she would listen to me and leave because I don't want to talk to her .

"Fine," she mutters and leaves the room, slamming the door hard behind her.

Bitch.

At least it's back to being quiet but now I have to read more background checks on therapists.

- транс -

BRIELLE WILLIAMS

I'm finally back at home, I've slept right next to Enzo for the first time in a long time and it was probably one of my best sleeps I've had. No more worry and I didn't wake up in a fright thinking I was still in the devil's house.