The Encounter

"Yellow diamonds in the light

Now we're standing side by side"

- Excerpt from We Found Love by Rihanna

LORENZO ANTONOV

Life is just like a rubix cube.

Very unpredictable.

Right now, there are four missions this month in this region. If I include the others then maybe around 60 missions with all the regions I rule over.

There are two I want to overlook that haven't reached out to me.

I would like updates around every three days but it's been around nine and I'm getting nothing.

It's nearing the end of the month and I'm pretty sure that the mission hasn't even finished because it's obvious nobody is dead.

I don't want anyone to be mad and if a client comes to me saying that somebody isn't dead and they're unhappy and want a refund, I'm going to be pissed out of my mind.

I need a break.

I stand up and walk out of the office. I go downstairs and into the kitchen. Maybe I should grab another slice of apple pie that we had for Thanksgiving.

While I'm grabbing a knife, I hear someone walking in and based on the footsteps, I know it's Cai.

"Yo man," I tell him and open the loud ass lid of the apple pie container.

"Really? Why can't you be wrong for once?" he tells me and I laugh. I grab my pie and put it on the plate, grabbing a fork with it.

I turn to look at him and take a bite out of my apple pie. Cai is holding a stack of papers and I groan. Are you serious?

"Really?" I ask.

He throws the papers on the counter right next to me and grabs a beer. He offers me one but I shoo him away.

"The people you want me to look into. 18 new people want to be in the group, however they most likely will need to be relocated or rejected," he tells me, using his teeth to crack open the beer.

I have no idea how he does something like that.

"Okay, well those are around 50 stacks of paper. Where the fuck does 18 people need 50 stacks for. Background checks are only two papers," I ask.

"Yeah, you also asked me to look into the people that weren't responding to you. Their information is in there," he tells me and I groan again.

Nobody is answering and once this mission is done, these people are going to get cut. If I have to do a mission that I pay people to do, then I'm not going to be happy because I'm not getting any profit.

I will also demote people who aren't doing their job properly. To be honest, no one wants to be clean-up because you aren't getting paid.

You know what, I want to go see Brielle.

However, I'm stuck here, cleaning random people's mess because they don't know how to do their damn job properly.

"Man, calm down. I'll help out like I usually do," he tells me and I smile. Of course he would because that's how Cai is.

"Anyway, take the beer," he says, handing me an open one while I throw my empty apple pie plate in the trash.

"No one likes a stressed out Lorenzo just like no one likes taking a hard shit," he tells me and I raise a brow in confusion.