Protector

"Whatever you need

I'm down on my knees

I guess that means

I'm dumb". 

- Excerpt from Stupid Love by Jason Derulo

LORENZO ANTONOV

I'm waiting patiently behind the bus, watching as it strolls along the road. I'm looking for Brielle and it arrives at her stop but something happens.

She doesn't get off.

I continue to follow her in suspicion. She usually doesn't go this way so why in the world is she doing it now?

Did something happen that I don't know about?

The bus finally stops and it seems like she's going close to her best friend's house.

When she gets out of the bus, I park my car. This area is also familiar so I won't have much trouble.

I get out of the car and throw my hoodie over my head and do what I usually do but I notice something that Brielle usually never does.

She's looking continuously back and she's walking quickly at a brisk walk. It's startling to me.

As I examine the situation further, I notice something else. Brielle is holding a weapon. It looks more like pepper spray but she usually never carries this...

Well that's a lie... she's always carrying pepper spray but she never has it in the daytime, but at night, she always does.

Something had to have happened.

She didn't catch on to me... did she?

I love Brielle but she's not that smart, plus I'm not that stupid to get caught by her. I've been taking care of her for two plus years. Something dangerous must've happened at her apartment. That's why she's going this way and not her regular way.

We finally arrive at an apartment complex and the address looks familiar. I relax.

Good.

I thought she's going to some random person's house but it's really her best friend's house.

Her best friend is Hannah Campbell. She has a little kid named Cassandra Campbell which she had when she was 16. She works with Brielle for around two years and they seem to be really close. They spend a lot of time together with one another.

Hannah has an all right backstory and nothing alarming about anything. She's a good friend to Brielle so I don't have to worry too much about her.

I should check in with her apartment.

I would love to watch what's happening at night because it's clearly something bad since she's crashing at her friend's house. However, I'm too busy at night, being a mafia boss and all. That's when the freaks come out.

After what's going to happen later tonight and tomorrow night, I should technically be sleeping but I want to make sure Brielle is okay and it's unbearable going more than 24 hours without seeing her gorgeous self.

It feels like every time I see her, I'm cleansed from all sins that I committed the night before.

I watch her go inside the apartment building.

I then turn around and leave to go back home.

Bye, Brielle.

- транс -