Is this Love? What IS Love?

"There's a million reasons why I should give you up

But the heart wants what it wants."

- Excerpt from The Heart Wants What It Wants by Selena Gomez

 "What the fuck Natalie!" I shout and then cough afterwards as my aching throat becomes even worse.

"I'm sick, Natalie. Why can't you do anything on your own?" I scream.

This is just making my health worse. All I needed was one day and I would feel better but no, she has to bother me even during sickness.

Her eyes widens, obviously taken aback by the response she's receiving from me. Didn't she want that? Obviously she only called for me to piss me off.

"It's not hard to at least try and do something yourself. Stop treating me like I'm your personal slave. You have two goddamn feet," I curse, "Plus you aren't seven months pregnant, you are only two. Two!"

Lorenzo walks down the stairs. So, her fiance is here and yet she wants to bother me. He's the fucking baby daddy, ask him instead!

"What's happening?" he asks, running his hand through his hair, "Why is there so much yelling?"

The second Natalie sees Enzo, she begins crying ugly, fake tears.

What the hell...

"So what happened was," I begin explaining, taking multiple breaths since I was trying to conceal a heavy cough, "She kept asking for me to do things for her and she doesn't have any consideration that I'm literally sick."

I'm a bit glad that Natalie doesn't butt in but also afraid because she's never quiet unless-

Lorenzo goes to Natalie and pulls her into a hug, she buries her face in his chest and I'm confused.

Why is he on her side?

"Brielle, she's pregnant and probably feeling emotional," he says, "Plus, she might be cramping and... multiple things can happen."

So...

"Help her out a bit."

Oh. I'm in the wrong now... Wow.

"I have been helping her out but she can ask someone else. I mean you're here, plus I'm sick and-"

Enzo puts his hand up, silencing me.

"Brielle," he says, "Just listen to her right now. She's the woman of the house."

Those words break my heart completely. So, I'm not the woman of the house. I mean, I never thought of myself like that, I always thought Dariya was, but still... He sometimes says that I am.

Well, I guess not.

He clearly doesn't care about me anymore, he just goes to Natalie. Not once has he even noticed that I was sick except Dariya.

"Okay."

I turn around and walk to the guest room, even though Lorenzo's is more comfortable, I'm not going in there.

I feel so goddamn foolish.

- транс -

I hate working here.

Multiple men ask me to put a smile on my 'beautiful' face and I try to but I don't fucking want to.

My co-workers noticed something is wrong with me recently however I don't think they know me well enough to know my emotions. I only started two weeks ago.