W.M - Moral Of The Story pt. 5

A/N: Here is the final part of Moral of The Story! I apologize for the wait. You'll see why I wanted to take my time with this.

Warnings: Talks of abuse (verbally, mentally, physically), panic attacks, anxiety attacks, cursing, car accident, yelling, degradation (during an abuse), drunken nights. If I forgot anything, please let me know.

Words: 15,728

»»----- ♛ -----««

Y/n Y/l/n

"Everything is still where it's always been," Natasha comments as she locks her apartment door behind her.

"I can see that," Y/n chuckles as she drops her duffle bag beside her suitcase looking around. "It even smells the same," she smirks slightly at Natasha's offended scoff. "What's that supposed to mean?"

Y/n faces Natasha with a smirk, "it means it still reeks of Vodka." Natasha glares at her and slaps her arm as she walks by, "you're an ass."

Y/n giggles, "you know I'm joking."

"You better be because you're lucky I didn't leave you with Yelena," Natasha shoots back. "Anyways, the guest room is yours now until you decide that you wanna leave me."

"Wow, Nat, that's so welcoming," Y/n says sarcastically while she brings her bags to the guest room eager to shower the grime from travelling for hours.

Y/n doesn't waste any time before hopping into the shower while Natasha starts making an easy dinner for the two of them.

Natasha, Y/n, and Yelena have been planning Y/n's return to the city for a month now. Y/n made the two swear, especially Yelena, to not tell the group about the plan until she's here just in case the plan changes. Y/n considered staying with Yelena since it is technically her apartment still but she didn't want to take that space away from Yelena plus the apartment holds way too many memories that she did not want to live in.

Y/n is on a different path in her life, she changed a lot in the year that she was gone and she doesn't want to walk into a place where she'll feel like the same woman she was before she left.

Y/n doesn't realize how long she's been under the hot water until Natasha knocks on the door and sarcastically comments, "hot water isn't free yanno? Plus it's rude to keep the food waiting."

Less than 20 minutes later, Y/n finally emerges from the steaming bathroom looking red from being under the hot water for so long, "look who decided to join me."

"Shut up, travelling honestly makes me feel disgusting," Natasha laughs at her comment, "please, we both know that you were just way too in your head."

"Whatever," she rolls her eyes playfully. "Is there poison in this?" she teases the redhead as she takes a seat at the table and without missing a beat the Russian shoots back, "If I wanted you dead, I would have done it already and in a much more satisfying way."

"Goddamn."

...

The first night was the worse, jetlag with the combination of being back in a city that held a lot of bittersweet memories kept Y/n up all night. Though as the week carried on, she got more and more sleep throughout the night, granted it wasn't a full eight hours of sleep but she at least slept enough that she can go to work and function.

When Friday hit, she came home just past nine pm, "Y/n, that finally you?" Nat says as she comes out of the bathroom while drying her damp hair with a towel.