W.M - Underneath The Tree

"There we go," I say as I stand up and take a step back to admire our work.

"I'm so happy with what we picked out. It's not too big but it's full and fluffy looking," she smiles looking at it up and down.

"I'm so glad that we went for a real Christmas tree this year," I confess as I wrap my arms around Wanda's waist from behind and rest my chin on her left shoulder.

"And I'm so glad for your arm muscles for carrying this tree basically on your own," she giggles and squeezes my forearm that's resting on her stomach. "Hey, you also helped carry it, babe," I tell her and peck her jaw.

"Barely," she chuckles. "You gotta give credit where it's due, my love," I reassure her and peck her cheeks before untangling myself from her. I turn around and go to our speaker on the fireplace mantel and turn it on. I connect it to my phone and play our Christmas playlist before lighting up our fireplace.

"Ready?" Wanda asks and I turn around to see her walking back in the living room carrying a clear bin filled with our Christmas decorations and ornaments.

"I'm so ready! I can't believe it's already December 10th and we're just setting up our Christmas tree," I comment while lighting up the Vanilla Bean three-wick candle on our coffee table. "I know usually we have it up on December 1st," she adds as she starts putting some of the ornaments on the tree.

"You want some hot chocolate baby?" I ask which she nods at before giving me a sweet peck on the lips. I walk to the kitchen and make two mugs of hot chocolate thankful that I boiled enough water. After, I bring both of the mugs to the living room and set them down on the coasters that are sitting on our coffee table.

I join Wanda with putting the ornaments upon the tree. While we decorate the tree we talk about our plans for the holidays, some gifts that we need to buy for our friends and family, and also some old memories that came up from seeing our old ornaments. We finish up and turn on the Christmas light and smile widely at the outcome.

"I love it so much," Wanda whispers as she eyes the lit Christmas tree, and the sparkles in her eyes make me fall in love with her more.

I grab two simple ornaments and hand her one, "shall we?" She turns around with a fuzzy smile and takes one of the ornaments from my hands, "we shall."

We both grab a marker and write what we wish to happen in the coming new year on our separate ornaments. My wish being 'have our first baby' and then we find a hidden and opposite spot of each other on the tree to hang it on.

All I Want For Christmas Is You by Michael Buble started playing through the speaker and I smile at the idea in my head.

"May I have this dance with you, my wife?" I smile softly as I offer my hand to Wanda.

"It would be an honor, my wife," she looks at me with her fuzzy smile as she rests the palm of her left hand on my right hand. I take her right hand with my left and rest it on my chest as we stand close to each other and sway to the music.

I let my forehead rest on hers and look into her eyes and whisper, "I love you."

"I love you too," she whispers back with her loving smile. Her eyes continue to sparkle up at me and I swear I can melt right here, right now.

We continue to sway along with the soft Christmas music while adding in a few slow twirls and dips here and there. Wanda and I both jump in shock when our front door suddenly slams open.

"So where's the party at?" Tony says loudly as he enters our house as if he owns it. Natasha walks past him hitting the back of his head to scold him. Pietro walks in and takes Wanda's hand twirling her and swaying her around to the Christmas music. I watch in adoration as she giggles and laughs out loud at her brother's antics.

Then suddenly Yelena takes my hand and starts dancing with me along with the sokovian siblings. I catch a glimpse of Thor and Tony going into the kitchen to grab some drinks for themselves.

Underneath The Tree By Kelly Clarkson starts playing which was a more upbeat song. Wanda, Pietro, Yelena, and yourself turn to each other and start singing to each other. As the 1st verse hit Clint and Natasha joins in singing the lyrics out in a playful matter. Sam, Banner, Steve, and Bucky then join the makeshift dance floor in our living room with us. As the chorus hits again Thor, Tony, and Loki join us making the smile on my face grow wider.

The 2nd verse hit and I take Wanda's hand back and start dancing with her in the middle of everyone as I sing the lyrics to her.

I found what I was looking for
A love that's meant for me
A heart that's mine completely
Knocked me right off my feet
And this year I will fall
With no worries at all

'Cause you are near and everything's clear
You're all I need
Underneath the tree

I laugh out loud as everyone starts yelling the chorus again.

You're here where you should be
Snow is falling as the caroler's sing
It just wasn't the same
Alone on Christmas day
Presents, what a beautiful sight
Don't mean a thing if you ain't holding me tight
You're all that I need
Underneath the tree