S.J - 10 Days Till Christmas

A/N: This will be dialogue-heavy. Hope y'all enjoy it!

December 15, 2021

"Please welcome, Scarlett Johansson and Y/n Y/l/n!" Ellen introduces to the audience.

Scarlett and Y/n both wave at the audience with wide smiles on their faces as they make their way to the center of the stage. They both give Ellen hugs before sitting on the loveseat across from Ellen. 

Ellen: Hello, you two! How are you

Y/n: Hi! I'm doing amazing, this is so exciting!

Scarlett: I'm doing great, how about you?

Ellen: I'm doing just perfect. I haven't seen you two in so long wow. And now you two have a movie coming out together?

Y/n: I know right! It's a little crazy, I'm speechless about it, honestly. 

Ellen: Why are speechless?

Y/n: Well, first, I haven't worked with Scarlett for a few years now and so when my manager came to me saying that Garth Jennings, who is the director for Sing 2, asked for me to join the cast of Sing 2 I was kind of speechless. And I don't think it has hit me yet because filming this film is so unlike any of the movies I've ever filmed because of the pandemic and I didn't see anyone in the cast or crew until like, a few days ago.

Ellen: So no one in the cast got together while making this? How did that work?

Scarlett: Virtual! We would just go into a studio individually and there's a recording studio almost everywhere. Or in some cases, simple recording equipment is given to you by the crew to use if you want to stay at home and record there instead, which I believe we all chose. 

Ellen: And how was that for you? 

Scarlett: The recording?

Ellen: Yeah. 

Scarlett: It was honestly really fun. I mean, I've always loved singing and I've released a few songs in the past, and being in the recording studio had always given me the excitement and the thrill. 

Ellen: And Y/n, I've heard you would always bring Scarlett with you to the studio, right?

Y/n: Oh yeah. I love having her there with me. She is such an incredible artist and she helps a lot with my writing too. She may not think so, but she does. And her opinion and input are something I always seek, no matter what. 

Ellen: So did you ask her about her opinion on you joining her for Sing 2? Since you weren't part of Sing 1. 

Y/n: Oh absolutely! But by the time that I did mention the opportunity to her, she already knew. 

Scarlett: Yeah, Garth phoned me before he had contacted Y/n's manager and he shared his idea of having Y/n on the film. He wanted to know if that was something she would be interested in since she's my best friend. And I said yes but I couldn't say anything to her until her manager mentions it. 

Ellen: That's amazing! I understand how y'all have never met some of the other cast members before this but since y'all are best friends were you able to spend some time during the pandemic? 

Scarlett: Oh yeah! Y/n was over a lot which was nice. 

Y/n: Yeah, it was honestly what kept me sane during quarantine. And Scar, her family, and my family are the only ones I've hung out with during quarantine. 

Ellen: Oh yes, you were down in New York, right?

Y/n: Yeah I was. My family and I decided to be together during quarantine since I lived alone in Cali at the time so before traveling was banned I was able to fly down to New York. I stayed with them for a little over 6 months and so I was over at the Johansson-Jost household a lot. And during that time we were able to record some voice-overs for Sing 2 together which made the process a little bit fun.