W.M - Moral Of The Story pt. 3

Y/n Y/l/n

"Congratulations class of 2022!!!!" our principal yells into the mic and we all cheer as we throw our hats into the air with big smiles on our faces.

I catch my hat, wanting to keep it for memories. "Ouff," I groan when the air gets knocked out of me by the Russian blonde that slams into me. "You're free Y/n!!!!" Yelena yells into my ears as I wrap my arms around her waist and spin her around.

"I'm sorry that you have one more year left," I tell her and she groans in response slapping my arm as she untangles herself from me. The next arm around me is from the redhead Russian, "Congratulations Nat," I whisper to her ear as she does the same with me.

We go around hugging and congratulating each other and my heart skips a beat when I walk up to Wanda last. I watch as she walks cautiously towards me and I take her hand pulling her to me softly. I wrap my arms around her neck, "congratulations Wands, you made it."

She pulls back smiling softly and meets my eyes with her green ones, "we made it."

An arm wraps around my shoulders and Wanda's, "so party time right?" Sam says excitedly as he pulls Wanda and me away from each other and wedges himself between us. I shake my head at his antics, "Yup, party at my place! Remember that we're celebrating Y/n's birthday today more than the fact that our hard work in college is over," Tony says sarcastically making me roll my eyes.

"You're so annoying," I groan before pushing Tony's head away and untangling myself from Sam's arm.

"Ahhh, I can't wait," Yelena squeals and hooks an arm around mine. "Don't be too excited, you and Kate are being cut off of alcohol before anybody else," Natasha warns her little sister who looks offended.

"Um excuse me, I'm russian. I can outdrink Sam and Steve combined," Yelena says in defence making me laugh at Sam's offended look. "You're excused Yelena," Natasha simply replies making the younger sister scoff.

"Cyka," Yelena mutters under her breath making me shake my head before leading us both to my car.

...

I step into Tony's apartment balcony to get some air and watch the city at night. I'll miss this, I'll miss this city. I wasn't much of a city person, to begin with, but I fell in love with NYU that I bit the bullet and moved states away from my family. Now I'm about to move out of a city that I grew to love in the last few years.

Only a year and a half ago I couldn't even imagine my life not being in New York City, surrounded by everything and everyone I love. Now here I am, getting ready to move away from a place I truly call home. 

I sigh before taking a swig of the whiskey on ice I've been walking around with.

I turn to the sound of the sliding doors opening and closing to find Tony stepping out to the balcony, "can I join you?" he asks which I answer with a smile and a nod before looking back at the view.

"Are you ready?" Tony asks and I don't need any clarification of what he's talking about.

"Not really, but I'm kinda looking forward to it. Something new, something to distract me with."

"You already know how I feel about it. As much as I think this opportunity is amazing and once in a lifetime, I think you're taking it for the wrong reasons. You're accepting the job because you want to run away, run away from certain people, run away from certain feelings. Do you really think that's going to help?" Tony asks softly and I feel his gaze burn a hole on the side of my face but I don't dare to look back at him.