N.R - Betrayal pt. 1

I walk into my house dropping my keys in the bowl sitting on top of a drawer by the front door. I pause for a second feeling the presence of another person in my home, I close the door sighing quietly. 

I turn the lights on and make my way over to the living room, "you know I can get you arrested for breaking and entering." 

"I'd like to see you try." 

"Fury what are you doing here?" I cross my arms over my chest staring at the man with an eye patch sitting on my couch. 

He gets up and clears his throat, "I need your help." 

I chuckle dryly narrowing my eyes at him, "after I unwillingly helped you the last time you're here asking me to help you again? You're wasting your time and you know it. " 

"I wouldn't be here if I had any other choice and you know it." 

"I don't care. I said no, so please leave me the hell alone and never show up ever again." I make my way to the front door to open it for him but what he said next stopped me in my tracks, "it's your parents." 

I turn around slowly before looking him straight in his eye, "what do you mean my parents?" 

"They escaped," he starts but I cut him off before he can continue. 

"They escaped?! Oh, this is rich!" To say I'm pissed was an understatement, "So what? Everything that you and the team had put me through, the pain, the betrayal, the everything had been flushed down the toilet because you can't keep hold of your own prison?" 

"HYDRA worked on one hell of a prison break to get them out," I scoff at his excuse shaking my head. 

After a moment of silence, I finally gave in, "fine." 

I can tell that he was shocked to hear me agree so quickly but he quickly fixed his face to cover it up. He picks up a file and tries to hand it to me, "aren't you going to read briefing first?" 

"I'll read that in the Quinjet assuming that you already have one running and waiting for us outside." I turn around and head over opening the door and turn back to look at him, "well are you coming?" 

He purses his lips together and walks over to me, I grab my keys after he walks out and I lock the door before following him. He leads me to an open field a few houses down from mine and there I see the Quinjet parked. 

As we come closer to the Quinjet, the ramp opens down revealing the rest of the avengers waiting anxiously and all their faces turned shocked for a second after seeing me. 

I walk inside by the side of Fury and once the ramp closes Steve breaks the awkward silence, "Y/n -" 

"It's Y/L/N to you. I'm here on business and business only," I cut him off before yanking the briefing file from Fury and walk past Steve bumping his shoulders. 

Before I can make it to a chair Tony stops me by handing me a duffel bag, "your suit." 

I stop for a few seconds staring at the duffel bag before I take it from him and walk over to the furthest side of the Quinjet to change to my suit. After getting into my suit I took a seat on the only seat that's available and started reading through the briefing. 

The more I read through the briefing, the angrier I got. I've done this before, fight against my parents to imprison them. I was tricked into helping the team and to say I felt betrayed after was an understatement. I slam the file shut groaning not caring that everyone can hear me clearly, I run my hand down my face, I hate this so much. 

After hours of flying, Cap calls us to the middle of Quinjet for, I don't know, a team huddle? Natasha puts the jet on autopilot to join the group. I stare at Cap while he talks completely avoiding everyone else who keeps glancing at me, especially Natasha. 

"Y/l/n, Wanda, you're with me. Stark, Rhodes, and Vision secure the perimeter. Barton and Romanoff follow behind us three. Hulk, smash," Cap finishes and Clint goes to the front of the jet to land the Quinjet. 

...

Hours later we're all back in the Quinjet with two additional people cuffed to metal backs near the back of the jet. This time around I sat closer to the front of the jet trying to get away from the prisoners at the back. All the avengers are sitting around the jet while it's put on autopilot. 

The two at the back haven't stopped talking since we left the now destroyed HYDRA base and I'm trying my best to block them out but my patience is wearing thin. 

"Oh precious daughter, I can't believe you betrayed your parents once again," my father stated. 

"After The Avengers did you so dirty, you still helped them anyway," my mother continued and this time she got every single person in the jet to shut up and listen. "Is this love? I thought your love and loyalty to these fake friends of yours came crashing down." 

"That was always your weakness growing up. You trusted way too easily. You let your guard down to every single person who showed you some type of kindness. It will be the death of you Y/n."

"Tell me Y/n, how does it feel when Natasha Romanoff lured you in, make you believe she was in love with you for months, just to find out that was her mission all along together with the rest of your phony team?" and that was the straw that broke the camel's back. 

Third Person POV

Y/n shot up from her seat charging to her parents, everyone staying clear of her way not wanting to be caught in the middle. Y/n wraps her hand tightly around her father's throat, "shut up," she growled at the man. 

"Oh come on honey, I'm just stating facts, right? Tell me Y/n! How does it feel to be betrayed by the person you called, the love of your life?! You're foolish to actually believe her! Foolish to believe all of them!" Y/n's fingers wrapped tighter at every word her father spat out. Y/n's eyes glowed bright orange and orange rays started to make their way through Y/n's fingers that are wrapped around her father's neck.

"Y/l/n, stand down," Fury steps in afraid to witness murder right at this moment. 

Y/n lets go of her father's neck, her eyes going back to normal, the glow from her hands disappearing, and only a slight glow of orange running through her veins as she turns her back on her parents facing the avengers but keeping her head down. 

"I remember when you had dinner with us and you announced that you had bought a ring that day. An engagement ring for the black widow. You were going to ask her to marry you and I told you that wasn't a good idea. But you were too blinded to see and now look at you." Y/n's father says with a monotone voice as he stares at the back of his daughter's head. 

Everyone in the jet was shocked by the new information that they had just heard. They all looked at Natasha who had tears in the brim of her eyes as she stares at Y/n. 

Natasha Romanoff was raised to believe that love was for children, but Y/n changed that for her. The redhead admits that the reason for her interest in Y/n, in the beginning, was because of the mission she was given. Her mission was to get Y/n to be with her so they had access to her parents that had run HYDRA in secret. 

Although throughout their time together, real feelings started to evolve from Natasha. As more time passes those feelings grew to love and before she knew it the secret of their mission blew upon their faces. 

Y/n's face, when she had learned what Natasha's intentions were, was a face that the assassin can never get rid of. She had tried her best to convince Y/n that her intentions may have been different in the start but everything that followed after was real. 

Unfortunately, the trust they had was already shattered and Y/n couldn't bear to listen to her explanation. 

"You were going to propose?" Natasha says above whisper but everyone heard her loud and clear.