W.M - Moral Of The Story pt. 2

Wanda Maximoff

Flashbacks

December 23rd, 2020

"Okay, Wanda this is from Y/n," Clint announces as he grabs the gift from under the tree and passes it over to me. I look over at Y/n and give her a smile to which she sends one back. I carefully open her gift and I see a velvet box which made me look at her with a confused look. What could possibly be in this? This box looks expensive as it is.

I open the box carefully and tears immediately gather in the rim of my eyes as they land on the vintage mask chain brooch pin. I look up at her with my teary eyes, "you remembered," I whisper.

"Of course," she smiles softly and I let out a quiet sob as I take the pin out of the box carefully. I lift it up, looking closely at the details, "what is it?" Pietro voices out the question that everyone had etched onto their faces.

"It's a theatre mask brooch pin," I answer as I continue to examine the item. "Y/n and I were walking around the city and passed by an antique shop. We went in to look around and I saw this which instantly reminded me of mama and papa and our many nights of watching sitcoms," I explain.

"That must've cost you a fortune," Bucky comments which only earns a shrug from Y/n. This did cost her a fortune, I remember wanting to buy it but one look at the price tag I knew there was no way I could afford it.

"This reminds me of the time when you were so in love with that chick junior year and bought her this crazy gift that cost you a fortune," Kate says and I watch as Yelena elbows her to shut her up but that didn't even register in my head since her words completely freeze me over.

I whip my head looking at Kate, "what?" then I turn to look at Y/n, then to Kate, then back to Y/n.

Did I hear that correctly? Is she insinuating what I think she is? Stop.

"Um, um, um, crazy gift, great gift," Kate stutters looking at Y/n apologetically and almost, guiltily? What? I don't have time to dissect her look as my mind continues to repeat her words.

"Not that. The love part?" I ask specifically. "Oh, um, um, that, um," Kate stutters out again and I hear Yelena mumble something that I couldn't pick up on.

I turn my head to look back at Y/n for some kind of confirmation that she does in fact like me back. "Don't worry, that's not the case for you," she says. Oh.

I swallow the lump in my throat and try to respond as fast as I can, feeling everyone's gaze on me. "Oh thank god," I say clutching my chest as I let out a shaky breath that I didn't know I was holding in.

"Jeez, you don't have to sound so thankful," Y/n says playfully and I force the bubbling tears wanting to reach my eyes back down.

"Would it be so bad if Y/n did have feelings for you, y'all basically act like you're married anyway," Sam says making me internally groan. I need a subject change, this hurts way too much. I didn't think she would like me back, ever, but hearing it come from her hurts a lot more than I thought it would.

"No, no it's not that. It's just that I look at Y/n as my best friend and I'm straight. I don't want to be the straight girl she falls for," I say the first thing that comes into my mind and it happened to be that. I can't have anyone thinking that I'm possibly in love with my best friend, not after she rejected me indirectly.

"Plus, I have that massive crush on Vision, Tony's brother," stupid stupid stupid, why would you say that? Yeah, Vision and I have been getting close, him being the only person I talk to about my feelings towards Y/n. Nobody knows that I'm even attracted to women, let alone, have feelings for my best friend.