S.J - Old Flame pt. 3

A/N: You ask and you shall receive! Y'all have been requesting a part three for this little series and here it is!!!

I hope this meets your expectations. Enjoy my friends ☺🤗

...

Previously...

Y/n's POV

"Well that's just it, isn't it? Unrequited love," I respond with my voice cracking slightly in the end. She turns her head in my direction after hearing my voice crack and locks her eyes with mine.

"There's a reason why I never told you all these years. I knew nothing would happen but hearing you confirm my assumption hurts a lot." I let out a humorless chuckle after I basically confessed my feelings to her.

I saw the realization hit her and her eyebrows furrow together, "y/n," she whispers.

I give her a sad smile, "don't. It's okay. I'm okay." I try to reassure her but I feel as if I'm trying to reassure myself more.

I bite my inner cheek as I feel the lump on my throat threatening to be released. I kiss her forehead and let it linger for a few seconds before turning around and heading back inside. 

{...}

Scarlett's POV

The doorbell rings and I get up from the couch to open the door, "hey Flo!" 

"Hey Scar," she beams with a wide smile giving me a tight hug. I close the door behind her before leading her into the kitchen, "come on, everyone is in the kitchen having some pre-shots before we go to the concert."

Tonight was the last concert for Y/n's world tour which happened to be at Madison Square Garden. It's her first time performing at the venue and on top of that, her tickets were sold out, so it's a special night. She's been dreaming about performing on this stage since she was in high school and tonight she gets to live her dream. 

She and I haven't spoken since the night she confessed her feelings for me, I mean, I've tried texting and calling her but she never did respond to me. To top it off, she's been touring around the world for the last few months so it's not like I can just show up at her doorsteps. 

I'm not sure how she'll react to seeing me but she's still my best friend and I will not miss this monumental moment. 

"Oh, fun! I'm super excited," Flo exclaims before running over and greeting Evans, Lizzie, and Mackie. 

"So who are you all dressed up for Flo?" Evans teases making her blush. "What do you mean? I'm not dressed up for anyone!" she says trying to deny Evans but the squeak in her voice told us she was lying which only made all of us laugh. 

"Okay fine," she says defeated with her face going bright red, "I may have a teeny tiny crush on Y/n." 

My chest tightens at the mention of her name but more importantly at the mention of the fact that Florance has a crush on her. 

"Do y'all think I might get a chance with her? She's single right?" She asks nervously.

"I'm not sure but last I heard, she might be hung up on someone," I tell her trying to make sure I sound as nonchalantly as possible. 

"Really? Well I mean, she and I have been talking so I guess I'll stick with that until she gives me a sliver chance to ask her out or something," she shrugs and I feel both Evans' and Lizzie's glance over at me. 

"Y'all have been talking? For how long?" Lizzie asks her knowing I would have asked. 

"Yeah, nothing too serious though. I might've slid into her DMs like a month and a half ago," she giggles like a giddy high school girl. "Then from then on, we've been talking. A little innocent flirting here and there. Then we exchanged numbers and face timed a couple of times but that was harder since she's always in different timezones."