W.M - I Hate You

TW: Death/Shooting

...

"I hate you, I hate you so much right now it's not even funny. I hate you but I fucking love you. I love you so fucking much that I hate you. I hate you for doing this to me, for leaving me. Why? Why did you have to leave me? I almost can't help but think that I made you so unhappy that you'd leave me. But that would be so selfish of me, right?

Do you remember the night you asked me out on our first date? I opened my door and you were there, standing at my door nervously scratching the back of your neck. I looked at you so confused waiting for you to say something and you started to become a stuttering mess. I believe you stuttered your first word for maybe 30 seconds before you actually said it. Then you went on to start beating around the bush and I was just looking at you in amusement before it physically hurt to see you try so I cut you off and asked you if you would go out on a date with me.

How about the time that we went for ice cream? Do you remember that? It was almost 2 am and both of us couldn't sleep because of our nightmares so you decided to drag me out of the compound without alarming our AI friend. Then we walked around New York City for hours and we got ice cream at 5 am for breakfast and I remember you shitting on the flavor I picked but you ended up loving it so much that we basically swapped ice cream.

Or how about that one night we got into such a heated argument because we cared so much for each other but we for some reason couldn't accept how much we did care for one another. It was the stupidest fight we ever had and I remember you walking out on me in the middle of the fight, actually let me rephrase that, you tried walking out on me. You walked out of the compound into the pouring rain and I followed you because I needed you to fucking understand that I fucking cared for you, that I was there for you if you would just have me. We made it to the middle of the field before you turned around and got all up on my face telling me that I was a fucking hypocrite through your greeted teeth. You asked me how the hell can I be standing there telling you to let me care for you when I wouldn't let you care for me. Long story short, after yelling at each other for about 30 minutes you yelled, "I want you to fucking let me care for you because I'm fucking in love with you Wanda," and then I remember responding back without a beat, "well I'm fucking in love with you too Y/n, how about that?!" And man it felt like the world stopped around us and we ended up having the most passionate kiss we had ever shared." Wanda lets out a dry chuckle through her tears before continuing.

"Fuck Y/n, I proposed to you. I wanted a life with you. I wanted a future with you. I wanted to retire being an avenger and move out to the countryside with you. I wanted to have kids with you. I wanted to grow old with you. I wanted a simple life with you. And it fucking hurts that we can never have that anymore because you fucking left me at the altar. I hate you so fucking much because here I am still wanting all those things with you even though I fucking can't have you. I hate you so fucking much that it fucking hurts my heart physically. It hurts Y/n," Wanda sobs out shaking her head aggressively with her eyes closed shut.

"You tore me apart and I don't think I can ever get back up after this. I can beg you to stay all I want but I know that won't make you stay. Nothing I do or say can make you stay with me. Nothing because today we're burying you 6 ft under the ground," Wanda takes a ragged breath while tears flowed like a dam out of her eyes.

"I told you to drive straight to the church where everyone was ready and waiting to start our wedding. But you had to stop at a flower shop in the city for damn lilies. Damn lilies that you knew I loved and you stopped for them for me and now I fucking hate them! I fucking hate lilies. I fucking hate it because it's the reason why you didn't make it to the church.

You're a fucking avenger, your job is to save people, to save the damn world. You've been shot countless times, we've fought aliens, you almost died a few times, but that's not what killed you. What killed you is just you being an innocent bystander at a drive-by shooting. What kind of avenger are you?! Fuck I'm so mad! I'm so angry with you! This isn't fair Y/n! How do you think this is fair?! You were supposed to tie the knot with me and we were going to start our new life together!

And now I'm supposed to just say goodbye and move on with my life, like, like, like it's the move simplest thing ever? I have to move on but I can't. I can't move on, how the hell do you expect me to? I want to be with you. I promised to be with you forever. I wanted to grow old and die with you. I will follow you. I want you. I want us. Please have me. I hate you please don't leave me." Wanda leaves the podium and walks to Y/n's cascade and starts yelling at it.

"Answer me damn it! I said I love you!" Wanda's knees finally gave up on her sending her crashing down to the ground crying.

Steve walks quickly to her getting on his own knees and wrapping his arms around the broken redhead.