S.J - Old Flame pt. 2

After the concert, my team, Lizzie Olsen, Sebastian Stan, Anthony Mackie, Chris Evans, Tom Hiddleston, Paul Bettany, Jeremy Renner, Mark Ruffalo, Chris Hemsworth, RDJ, and Scarlett Johansson all decided to book the party room in my hotel room for a little get together party. 

Booking the party room wasn't so easy since it was last minute but the hotel made an exception this time around. 

Here we all are hanging around with all our takeout food all over the place. I've been catching up with the rest of the cast and at the moment I'm sitting down with Jeremy and Evans talking about Jeremy's new music. 

"Hey babe," I hear Scarlett say from behind me while she wraps her arms around my neck from behind. 

I smile looking up at her, "hey, you enjoying yourself?" She smiles back at me and nods while focusing on what Jeremy was saying. 

After a while, she jumps into the conversation, "fellas can I borrow y/n from you?" 

They both nod and turn to each other to continue their conversation while Scarlett takes my hand and leads us both outside on the balcony after refilling our glasses. 

"It's such a beautiful night isn't it?" I say while taking in the view outside. 

She smiles at me, "it really is." 

"Oh, by the way, congratulations again on your sold-out show tonight!" 

I smile widely back at her, "thank you so much, and thank you for being a part of it!" 

"I honestly can't believe you put me on the spot like that but I missed you so much and that was actually so fun!" She exclaimed in excitement. 

"I've actually been meaning to ask you since you released the song a couple of years back. Who's Marry Me about?" 

I choked back on my drink at her unexpected question which makes her pat my back while chuckling at my reaction. 

"You know I try not to share who my songs are really about. That's the beauty of it." I try reasoning out of her questions but it seems like she isn't having it. 

"Come on, I've literally been your best friend since college, you can tell me." She gasps with wide eyes, "was it Ashley?" she continues to question. 

I pause for a second before shaking my head, "no it wasn't Ashley." 

"Oh my god, it is so Ashley! It makes so much sense now, she's one of your close friends, and then she got engaged and married a few years back. After that, your song came out! Oh my god, you loved Ashley?" She isn't going to let this go, is she?

She leans on the balcony railing and looks out at the view, "you know she's lucky to have you love her like that." 

I look at her side profile, puzzled, "what do you mean?" 

"I mean exactly what I just said. Anyone who's loved by you in such a deeper romantic way is the luckiest person ever. You love so hard, you treat the person as if they're your whole entire world, like no one else in the world compares. You love so unconditionally and that type of love is rare nowadays." She turns to me locking her eyes with mine as she continues, "I'd die to have someone love me the way you love someone." 

"Isn't that the reason why you're married to Colin though? I mean I would think so," I question her and take a sip of my drink. 

"He loves me, yes, but his love doesn't compare to yours." She takes a sip of her drink and looks back at the view. 

I then turn back to the view and let the silence settle for a minute. "If you were in Ashley's shoes, would you have rather me tell you that I'm in love with you even though you were married?" 

Without skipping a beat she answers, "I would have." 

I turn to her staring at her side profile again not really expecting her response. "Wouldn't that just cause problems though?" 

"It doesn't have to. I would have loved to know but that doesn't mean I would have done something about it." Well ouch. Okay, that hurt a lot. 

"Well that's just it, isn't it? Unrequited love," I respond with my voice cracking slightly in the end. She turns her head in my direction after hearing my voice crack and locks her eyes with mine. 

"There's a reason why I never told you all these years. I knew nothing would happen but hearing you confirm my assumption hurts a lot." I let out a humorless chuckle after I basically confessed my feelings to her. 

I saw the realization hit her and her eyebrows furrow together, "y/n," she whispers. 

I give her a sad smile, "don't. It's okay. I'm okay." I try to reassure her but I feel as if I'm trying to reassure myself more. 

I bite my inner cheek as I feel the lump on my throat threatening to be released. I kiss her forehead and let it linger for a few seconds before turning around and heading back inside.