N.R - Scarlet Bridge

"You're fired!" Tony hears Natasha yells from her office and soon after her now-fired secretary scrambles out of her office with tears running down her face.

Tony walks into the redhead's office without giving so much as a knock, "Natasha that's the second secretary you've fired this month," he says with an amusement tone lacing through his words.

"It's not my fault that they're all incompetent," Natasha groans massaging her temples. Tony chuckles sitting at one of the chairs in front of Natasha's beautiful custom mahogany desk, "what was it this time?"

"She couldn't give me a proper balance sheet, for goodness gracious," Natasha rolls her eyes throwing the file towards Tony who glances inside before tossing it back on the table.

"Well then, as much as it pains me to say this, I can send someone over to you. She's incredible at her job and I'd be a little jealous of you having her but seems like you need her more than I do," Tony suggests piquing Natasha's interest. Tony wasn't someone to simply throw compliments regarding one's work etiquette therefore whoever this woman was must be indeed great at what she does.

"Who is she and where is she from?" Natasha asks crossing her arms over her chest as she leans back to give Tony her full attention.

"Her name is Y/n Y/l/n, she started as an intern for me. She was an intern for 3 months now until I offered her a position yesterday. I can have her move up here for you. I think you and her would work powerfully together. Plus, two women running the show? Everyone would be terrified," Tony says lightly. Natasha thinks about it for a bit before agreeing with the man.

"If, by any chance, it doesn't work out just send her back to me instead of firing her as you did to that poor girl earlier," Natasha rolls her eyes but agrees with Tony anyways.

Natasha watches as Tony pulls out his phone to call someone, "Hi Ms. Y/l/n, it pains me to say this but you'll be moving to be Ms. Romanoff's secretary. She seems to be in need of you more than myself therefore I am sending you to work for her instead. This change is effective immediately, please move up to Romaoff's floor as soon as you can," Tony hangs up the phone and gives Natasha a smug look.

Tony and Natasha move into business matters soon after Tony hangs up the phone. They discuss current projects and future investments until they hear a soft yet stern knock on the door.

"Come in," Natasha calls out and watches the door open revealing a beautiful elegant woman.

"Ah! Ms. Y/l/n, come in," Tony says enthusiastically as he stands up. Natasha stands up and does a quick once over the woman's body.

"Ms. Y/l/n please meet your new boss, Ms. Romaoff," Tony introduces the two and Y/n offers her hand with a shy smile on her face, "It's nice to meet you, Ms. Romanoff."

Natasha catches herself before she lets out an unexpected gasp from feeling the soft palm of the woman, "It's nice to meet you too, Ms. Y/l/n."

"I had dropped off a box of my belonging on the table outside of your office, I'm guessing that's where I will be situated?" Y/n says as she mentally pats herself on the back for staying calm in front of Natasha. Tony and Natasha wouldn't believe anyone if they had told them that the previous intern is having an internal panic at being in front of the intimidating Natasha Romanoff. Y/n has heard a lot about the redhead and has also seen the redhead in many front cover pages of magazines. She has always thought that the god of beauty had definitely taken their generous time with her because how can someone exist as beautiful as Natasha Romanoff.

But she had also heard and read that the CEO, Natasha Romanoff, isn't someone who's easy to please and is one of the most intimidating scary businesswomen out there, possibly being ranked to be the woman at the top of the list.

"Your assumption is correct," Natasha confirms her new employee. "Perfect, is there something you'd like for me to get started on?"

Natasha doesn't show it on her face, but she's absolutely impressed with her new secretary. Under her intimidating gaze, she watches Y/n with great interest and curiosity. The redhead makes a mental note to search Y/n up in their database to do a quick background check on the woman. She wouldn't want any snakes to be working in her office and even though Y/n has already been approved by Tony Stark himself, Natasha just has to do her own background check on the woman.

"Could you please create a new efficient balance sheet for me? I'll be having a financial meeting with Ms. Maximoff and Ms. Pots in two days meaning that these files need to be done and up to par by then. I understand that two days is a short amount of time to start a company balance sheet from scratch but from Mr. Stark's glowing recommendation of you, I'm sure you'll be able to deliver just as I ask."

Natasha smirks at Y/n who swallows nervously but her smirks falter slightly when she sees Y/n recover quickly, "The balance sheet will be on your table in two days Ms. Romaoff. If you need anything else, please do not hesitate to call me."

Y/n turns and walks out of Natasha's office biting her lip to stop the triumphant look that's threatening to form on her face. Natasha on the other hand smirks to herself, impressed at Y/n's determined professional attitude. The redhead is well aware of how everyone else perceives her to be therefore she's never surprised when every person cowers under her and consequently was stunned when Y/n had done the opposite of what she was used to.

"I told you you'd like her," Tony beams causing Natasha to roll her eyes at the billionaire.

"I need to see her work first before deciding if I like her or not, Tony," Natasha sits back down in her chair rolling herself into her table.

"Nah, I already know you'll be coming into my office thanking me for saving your life," Tony chuckles as he buttons his blazer.

"Only in your dreams Tony. Now if you don't mind, I have a lot of work to do so please, leave." Tony chuckles and continues to disagree as he sees himself out of Natasha's office.

Natasha logs into her computer once the door shuts and quickly types Y/n Y/l/n into the database.

"Let's see who you are, Y/n Y/l/n."

...

A/N: Don't worry y'all, this will be a mini-series.

I will be knocking out a few requests through this mini-series! I'm excited about this plot and I hope y'all end up loving it as much as I do.

What do you think Natasha would find out about Y/n?

What vibe are you getting from Y/n?