N.R - Way Out of Line

{The Avengers team gathers around to talk about the accords after they met with Mr.Secratary. Natasha and Y/N have been dating for about a month now. They're not official yet but everyone is betting for it to happen soon but after today, they're not so sure it'll happen at all.}

~

It's been an hour since Mr.Secratary left and The Avengers team has been going at it since then. The team arguing is not new, sometimes pride and ego do get in their way but at the end of the day, they always come back together with a solution. 

But that's not the case today. 

There's a clear cut on who's signing the accords and who's not. Both sides have made compelling arguments and even though their opinions are complete opposites, they knew that deep down both sides just want to do the right thing for the people. 

Everyone battled with each other in hopes that at the end of the day they all stay together as a team. Although, deep down everyone knew that will not be the outcome. 

Everyone was distraught but not as much as Y/N and Natasha. It was clear as day that the two aren't on the same side and it was heartbreaking not only for themselves but for everyone else to see them being torn apart. 

Just when everyone thought it couldn't get any worse, the situation drastically took a turn. 

Y/N was pacing back and forth until she stops to respond to Tony's argument before Steve could. "I agree, we do have to take responsibility for our actions but that can't be done by signing the accords. This document only shifts the blame, Tony." 

Y/N sees Rhodney about to fire back at her but Natasha beat him to it, "Sorry but you sound dangerously arrogant. Not signing the accords shows that we refuse to accept the consequences for the mistakes we made Y/N. This is the United Nations we're talking about. Not S.H.I.E.L.D, not HYDRA." 

"Yeah, and every organization has their own agenda, or have you forgotten about that? S.H.I.E.L.D who was supposed to protect the people was run by HYDRA. Who's to say the case isn't the same with the U.N.? I thought you're a trained assassin Natasha. A Black Widow. How can you support this?" fires back at Natasha with a raised tone. 

Everyone in the room stayed silent watching this scene unfold in front of them. Natasha and Y/N are scary on their own when they're angry, but together at the same time is terrifying. 

Natasha stood up quickly in anger facing Y/N. It's almost as if you can see smokes coming out of Natasha's ears and nose from how angry she is. 

"You felt for that kid you saw die in Washington because you couldn't save him on time. You're still haunted by your brother who sacrificed himself for you." Natasha glares at Y/N as she slowly walks closer to her talking with her venomous tone. Y/N clenching both her fist as Natasha got close didn't go unnoticed by the team. 

"I'd stop talking if I were you," Y/N threatens Natasha but Natasha didn't stop. 

"You want everyone to think that you're above it all but I see right. through. you." At this point, Natasha was almost nose to nose with Y/N and everyone watched and debated in their head who should be scared of the other. 

"177 people died in Sokovia and I know you felt for them. But at the end of the day, you decided that the best strategy is to forget about it because you're drowning in guilt." Steve sees the rage in Y/N eyes as Natasha taunts her. 

Steve gets up getting ahold of Natasha's forearm trying to pull her back and lay off, "Natasha that's enough," but that didn't work. 

"You ran away from everything because you were always too scared to face the reality. Too scared to face your consequences. Today you're finally asked to face them once and for all but you're too much of a coward that you're choosing to run away again. Just like how you ran away from the burning house that your family was trapped in." 

And that was the final blow. Before anyone can even register what Natasha had said, a loud slap across Natasha's left cheek echoed in the silent room. 

No doubt that slap would leave a bruise on her cheek. 

Y/N sends daggers with her eyes to Natasha and everyone swore they even heard a tiny growl come out of her. 

"I respected your opposing opinion from mine. But what you just said is really low, even for you. You just erased everything that you are to me." Y/N spat the words out of her mouth directed to Natasha with venom laced with her dangerous low voice. 

With that Y/N takes a leave pushing past Natasha making sure her shoulders hit the red heads'.