E.O - Undercover

I smile softly at Lizzie rubbing her upper arm up and down in hopes of relaxing her. She leans into my right side as I rest my arm over her shoulders. She took my free arm and rested my hand on her thigh as she intertwined our fingers together. I kiss her side temple and whisper in her ear, "you'll be okay my love."

We're currently at a benefit dinner where the company that Lizzie works with wants to give her an award for doing all she's done for them. This would have been an amazing night if one of the members of the board wasn't a rapist that my squad and I are trying to arrest. There are two reasons why I'm here today, the first one is for my beautiful wife Lizzie of course, the second one is because I'm undercover.

The gameplay is when the man we're after stands on stage to make his speech, two detectives from my squad will arrest him and if everything goes down peacefully then we'll be heading out of here no problem. I feel awful for ruining Lizzie's night but she assured me that this wasn't my fault at all, she wants this man arrested as much as I do. I'm more nervous about this arrest tonight than any other arrest in my whole entire career and the reason for that is the fact that Lizzie is here and if anything goes wrong then her safety will be on the line just like the other hundred few people in this room.

"Hey love," I whisper to Lizzie which causes her to face me waiting for me to continue, "if anything happens then you go under the table and stay there until I or someone in my squad gets you."

She smiles softly at me and gives my hand a squeeze for reassurance and kisses me lovingly. "I love you and I'll be okay," she whispers against my lips making me smile against hers, "I love you too baby." I pull away and lift the back of her hand to my lips as I kiss her knuckles.

I see the man that we're after walking up to the stage making me sit up straighter as does Lizzie therefore if I ever need to get up fast then I can without a delay. He starts his speech with a joke making almost the whole entire room laugh and myself gagging internally. I see two of my fellow detectives make their way up the stage and I retract my arms from Lizzie hovering my hand over the gun strapped to my thigh under my dress.

The man pays attention to the two detectives as they announce themselves to him and one of his bouncers shoots up at one of our detectives, sending the whole entire room into a frenzy.

"Lizzie under the table now and you stay there!" I tell my wife quickly and look around the round table, which happens to sit the whole avengers' cast. "All of you too, under the table until my team or I come back for all of you! Go, go, go!"

I get up and secure my gun in my hand flicking the safety off. I look around the room to see what's happening and I shoot at someone who was about to shoot one of our officers. I then hear my partner through my comms, "Wheatley is being escorted by his bouncers backstage!"

I watch as my partner runs towards the side exit of the conference room following Wheatley and his men so I run after them. I hate the fact that I'm in action wearing high heels and a long fancy black dress but hey at least the slit of my dress helps me so I don't feel so restricted.

My partner and I start running alongside each other after the group of men that's surrounding Wheatley and we then had to take cover as they shoot up at us. We shoot back at them making sure we hit them in places where it won't kill them but painful enough that they can't get back up. After a few minutes of chasing Wheatley around backstage, we managed to shoot all of his men only leaving him the last one standing.

I see him take a gun out and point at us and shoot quickly, "watch out!" I yell at my partner before I feel the bullet graze my arm making me hiss. I then hear a thud behind me making me turn back only to see that my partner was hit near her shoulder, "don't worry about me, go after him!"

I respond with a nod before running after Wheatley, I press my comms and say, "Detective Wilson is done, I repeat detective Wilson is done. I'm running after Wheatley in the east wing of the building."

I realize that I backed Wheatley into a corner, "Mr. Wheatley put the gun down! The building is surrounded, you won't be escaping out of here tonight."

"Well, then I'm not going down without a fight!" He yells at me and shoots in my direction a couple of times. He empties his magazine which allows me to walk towards him, "you can just peacefully come with me, Mr. Wheatley."

"As I said before, I'm not going down without a fight," he growls and lunges at me, I click the safety lock on my gun quickly throwing it aside and fights Wheatley the old style. We both throw punches at each other until I wrap my legs around his neck and flip him over to his front on the floor. The moment he hits the floor a few officers rush inside throwing me a pair of handcuffs.

I cuff him and pick him up from the floor leading him outside the building. As we walk out of the building I see my wife and the rest of our friends on the other side of the yellow tape waiting for me to come out. Once they spot me they all sigh in relief and I give them a reassuring nod as I walk Wheatley to the police car. After putting Wheatley in the car I walked over to my wife and friends and that's when I noticed that Lizzie was crying.

I pull Lizzie into a hug and wrap my hand tighter around her as she lets out a sob, "Hey, hey, hey, baby I'm okay, I'm safe, you're safe, we're all safe."

"Your partner said you were shot and I just, I thought the worse," she sobs into me as I rub her back reassuringly. "Well baby I'm okay, I promise, the bullet only grazed my arm."

She pulls away from the hug and scans my arm looking for the graze and her eyes go wide as she sees the amount of blood I'm losing, "can we get a medic over here please!" she yells out getting the EMT's attention.