W.M - 4 Days Till Christmas

December 21st, 2021

Y/n's POV

December 19th, 2020

I smile widely watching Wanda laugh uncontrollably as I wipe icing on her nose. I was too busy being head over heels for Wanda's laugh that I didn't notice her grab the can of whip cream until I feel her spray it on my face. 

"Wanda!" I gasp shocked and her laughter just doubled. "Oh you're in for it now," I tell her mischievously. 

"No!!!" She yells laughing and starts running around the kitchen island but I was, fortunately, faster than her, therefore, I wrapped my arms around her waist and grabbed the can of whip cream from her. 

"No, no, no," she begs while trying to wiggle out of my grasp but still laughing. "Oh no, you asked for this," I taunt her before spraying the whipped cream all over her face. She lets out a yelp making me laugh at her. 

Then all of sudden she slips bringing me crashing down to the floor with her since I still had my arms around her waist. We continued laughing at our messy selves until Tony and Natasha came into the kitchen shaking their head at the mess we created. Wanda and I giggled at their unimpressed faces making us look at each other mischievously and decided to throw some whipped cream their way. 

{...}

December 23rd, 2020

Our group of friends decided to spend friendsmas today since some of us were planning on visiting our families for the holidays and we won't be seeing each other until after the winter break. So here we are at Tony's apartment sitting around his Christmas tree as we all hand out our presents to one another. 

We had ordered some Chinese food and pizza for dinner and they all tasted so delicious. 

"Okay, Wanda this is from Y/n," Clint announces as he grabs the gift from under the tree and passes it to Wanda. She looks over at me sending a smile which I sent right back at her. She carefully opens her gift and see's a velvet box which earned me a confused look from the Sokovian. 

She opens the box carefully and I observe as the tears immediately gather in the rim of her eyes right in the exact moment she sees the vintage mask chain brooch pin. 

She looks up at me with her teary eyes, "you remembered

She looks up at me with her teary eyes, "you remembered." 

"Of course," I smile softly at her and she lets out a quiet sob as she carefully takes the pin out of the box lifting it.

"What is it?" Pietro voices out the question everyone was thinking. 

"It's a theatre mask brooch pin," Wanda answers as she continues to examine the item. "Y/n and I were walking around the city and passed by an antique shop. We went in to look around and I saw this which instantly reminded me of mama and papa and our many nights of watching sitcoms," she explains. 

"That must've cost you a fortune," Bucky comments making me shrug. I would do anything to see Wanda smile like that. 

"This reminds me of the time when you were so in love with that chick junior year and bought her this crazy gift that cost you a fortune," Kate says without thinking, and Yelena elbows her trying to shut her up but the damage has been done. 

"What?" Wanda whips her head to look at Kate and back at me and back at Kate waiting for an explanation. 

"Um, um, um, crazy gift, great gift," Kate stutters looking at me apologetically and guiltily. 

"Not that. The love part?" Wanda asks specifically and I swallow the lump forming in my throat. 

"Oh, um, um, that, um," Kate stutters out again and Yelena rolls her eyes before mumbling, "yeah Kate, that'll turn back time." 

Wanda whips her head to look at me for some kind of confirmation or denial and I can see it in her eyes that maybe she wouldn't want to hear the truth and seeing that broke my heart to million pieces. 

"Don't worry, that's not the case for you," I try to reassure her and swallow the lump that continues to form in my throat. I beg for the ground to open up and eat me whole. I hate this.

"Oh thank God," Wanda says in relief clutching her chest as she lets out a breath that she was holding in. 

Well, that hurt. Lol. 

"Jeez, you don't have to sound so thankful," I say trying to lighten up the mood knowing everyone but Wanda knows about my feelings for her. 

"Would it be so bad if Y/n did have feelings for you, y'all basically act like you're married anyway," Sam says making me internally groan. I wanted to change the subject, not keep talking about it. Damn it. 

"No, it's not that. It's just that I look at Y/n as my best friend and I'm straight. I don't want to be the straight girl she falls for." Wanda says trying to make it better but little did she know, she just made it worse. 

"Plus, I have that massive crush on Vision, Tony's brother," she adds quickly. Wanda shut up already. Like sheesh, let's just continue to stomp on Y/n's heart, huh? 

"Alright, who's the next gift for?" I say completely changing the subject while Natasha rubs my back for comfort. 

{...}

December 21st, 2021. 

The group and I decided to partner up and build some gingerbread houses, my partner ended up being Nat which I ain't complaining about. I don't think I'm much help to Nat though since I'm way too distracted hearing Vision and Wanda laugh at each other at the other end of the kitchen island. 

I go back to my task of helping Nat decorate the house until I hear a gasp and the all too familiar laugh. I dared to look up and saw Vision put some of the icings on Wanda's nose making her laugh. My heart clenches at the sight in front of me reminding me of all the times she and I got into a food fight. 

My feelings for Wanda have only grown since last Christmas even though she clearly stated she was nowhere close to being attracted to me. It hurt me a lot but I couldn't stop my heart from beating for her. Just when I thought I couldn't get hurt any more than I already was, Wanda and Vision made their relationship official beginning of this year and man did it feel like a stab straight in the heart and more. 

I'm happy that it's our senior year and in a few months I get to run away from everything and everyone and never come back. All of our friends keep telling me that someone will reciprocate my feelings but the thing is, I don't want someone else. I want her. I want Wanda.  

I sigh and look back down suddenly wanting to be anywhere else but here. "Want to go for some air later?" Natasha asks me quietly and I look up to meet her eyes as I bite my lip to stop the tears. I simply nod at her before looking back down and continuing with this stupid activity. 

The moral of the story is, don't fall for a straight girl, don't fall for your best friend. Shit hurts.