W.M- 8 Days Till Christmas

A/N: Unedited. Enjoy my friends!
...
December 17th, 2021

Y/n's POV

I smile widely looking over to my left watching Wanda laugh at one of Sam's jokes. Her beautiful face, her smile, her laugh, her scent, the way her eyes shine when she talks about something she's so passionate about. I love it all. I love everything about her but her whatever you see in the surface is only an added bonus to how beautiful she really is on the inside.

How did I get so lucky, you ask? I have no idea but I'm thanking whatever power is out there that made this possible.

We're currently sitting around with the team in the common area of the compound having a little bit of a team/family Christmas party.

I feel Wanda squeeze my left knee softly and I give her a reassuring smile before I peck her cheek.

She knows that I was a little nervous for this holiday season, seeing how last holiday season didn't end well for me. Wanda is very aware of my feelings for her and she made sure I knew that my feelings were reciprocated by her. I believe her, I truly do, and she hasn't given me any reason to doubt her words but there's still a part of me that thinks she'll do what a certain redhead did to me last Christmas.

You see, the redhead that's currently piercing a hole through my head by her gaze, is none other than Natasha Romanoff.

Natasha, who I gave my heart to last Christmas. I hate that I remember, I wish I can forget what she did last remember. I gave her my heart but the very next day she gave it away.

I thought she was it for me, I thought we were soulmates, and I thought we were going to spend the rest of our lives together. At least that's what she told me but I should have known better.

We were doing so well and we were nearing our one year anniversary but all of a sudden she broke it off Christmas morning. She broke my heart with no warning. I kept thinking back trying to see if there were any signs that could have somewhat prepare me for heartache but I came up empty. Truly blindsided.

I didn't know how I was going to get back up after that, I didn't think I had it in me. She was my world and I back then I couldn't see my future without her in it.

But then Wanda, being my best friend, made sure I didn't plummet down a dark rabbit hole. And day by day I got better, day by day I healed, and that's all thanks to Wanda.

With her helping me through my breakup, we spent what seemed like every minute, together. Then a few months went by and I caught myself falling in love with the witch. I truly was terrified of her finding out about my feelings for her because I was scared it would ruin our friendship and I wasn't ready for another heartbreak. So I did the only thing I thought would have helped, I distanced myself from her.

Wanda noticed since day one that I was trying to distance myself from her and she made sure to confront me about it. When she did confront me about my weird behaviour we ended up spilling our feelings for each other in a heated argument that ended with us laughing at how stupid we were being. Then the rest was history.

We kept our blooming relationship in a down low for a very long time and around Thanksgiving was when we came out to the team about our relationship. I saw how the news affected Natasha by her reaction that she quickly covered up, but she has no right being upset about it when she's the one who broke my heart.

Wanda and I had a heart to heart talk last week and I told her how I was scared that the events of last Christmas might repeat itself this year; but she was very stern about dismissing that doubt. She reassured me all night long and every day since.

Being with Wanda showed me all the red flags that I should have seen when I was with Natasha. And because of that, I believe Wanda when she says she loves me and that she'll never ever leave me. Wanda became my person fast and I'm not complaining about it.

"I love you," I tell her and quickly realize that I had cut Tony off mid sentence.

My embarrassment quickly fades when Wanda sends me her loving beautiful smile, "I love you too, detka."

Natasha's POV

Watching Y/n and Wanda exchange 'I love you's' got my stomach twisting.

I use to be the only person Y/n looked at with so much love. I was the person that she reserved her loving smile for and no one else. I was the one who she said 'I love you's' to.

I broke up with her because ...

Well I actually don't know. I don't know why I broke up with someone who loved me deeply despite everything that I have done in my past.

Y/n never judged me, not even once. She only ever looked at me with loving eyes, she reassured me on a daily, she kissed every scar I had ever gotten until I accepted them, she comforted me during nightmares, she made me feel beautiful both on the inside and on the outside even if everyone else looked at me like I was a monster.

And I lost it all.

Santa, if you are real, I only have one wish this year.

Her.