You Play Baseball?

Silence. Neither Hugo nor Freeze had spoken a word since a masked figure burst through the glass of a VIP room.
They still didn't speak, even after watching the man take the item, or woman, backstage. Not even after he came back out and began to deal with the guards.

Hugo, with a calm look on his face, was squeezing his knee with his hand under the table to the point where he wasn't sure whether he'd be able to walk if he got up.

'Y/N. You moron'

Under his suit and on his hands, which were hidden from sight, Hugo's veins were popping from under his skin due to the intensity of his grip.

'You weren't supposed to be the one that started this, maybe we could've avoided a confrontation all together'

He had to clench his mouth, but restrain himself from doing so in a manner that would cause the veins on his neck and head to show. He could not, under any circumstances, show a reaction to this.

Not when he was in front of a Lord.

"How unexpected"
Finally, Freeze broke the silence.
"I wasn't expecting someone unknown to start this, and to come from one of the VIP rooms as well"

Freeze readjusted his goggles as if to demonstrate that he was thinking.

"Even though this is unexpected, still, it was only natural there'd be an interruption. Auctions never seem to go to plan in Gotham, how pitiful"

Hugo had to speak. He was aware it'd be out of character for him not to, and someone like Freeze would catch on that something was off without a doubt if he continued to be silent.

"Why wasn't the glass bullet proof?" A question, he needed to ask a question.
"Surely if you could afford such a luxurious place like this, then wouldn't it be better to have a precaution in case something like this happened?"

"I wasn't present during the construction. Although, I heard it was a request to have the glass be normal"
"A request from who?"
"A request from one of our VIP's. Or more specifically, another Lord"

The second Freeze said that Hugo repressed a flinch, focusing on maintaining his calm yet intrigued facade.

"And why would a Lord ask for something more specific?"
"Well, they said they wanted a front row seat in case a certain person showed up, and that on the offhand said person were a VIP, they would be able to intervene in the auction without resistance. Although, that position was only give to those who we personally invited or paid enough to us to warrant a position, so who were they expecting?"

'Why? What is he talking about? Is he bluffing? No, Victor wouldn't lie to me, not right now at least. That means another Lord is in this building and that there's a chance they were expecting L/N to be present, or maybe there was someone else they were expecting and I'm making a baseless hypothesis because I'm feeling paranoid'

The doctor stared at the screen as you grabbed the mouth of Canary, using the bracelet of submission to cover her mouth.

'Worst case is that the former is right and one of the Lords were expecting and waiting for L/N. In that scenario they would either be after his bounty, have a personal interest in him, or have a personal connection to him in some way. Bane wouldn't do something like this so he's out of the picture, this isn't Crane's style, Penguin wouldn't bother, so who? I'm not 100% sure who the other Lords are so who would do this?'

"Doctor"

Hugo stoped his train of thought and looked up at the red goggles which were Freeze's eyes, the first he noticed was a fake, yet cruel smile.

"You seem a little tense"

Hugo froze, and his eyes slowly went down to his exposed neck, where a vein was popping out from under his skin.
'Shit'