Preparations

"You have a few days until the auction and I do advise you both to rest, but from what I can see that's not something you plan on doing"

Static nodded his head, while you just stared at Hugo.

"Alright then. The Asylum has what's called a "Happy Place". And by happy place, I mean a place where patients are allowed to vent and let out their frustrations"

Hugo moved from his position behind the bar and walked over towards the exit of the room, motioning for you to follow him.

You both complied, and only after a minute Hugo stopped in front of a double door.

"If any of you are planning on practicing or experimenting with your powers"

Hugo specifically looked at Static, making the Hero remember the damage that was still present from his outburst a few days ago.

"There is no better place in the Asylum to do so"

Opening the doors, you and Static were met with a cubic room that's as extremely large and void of any furniture.

The interior was bright, and multiple cracks in the walls and floors that looked permanent were scattered around at random.

Still, there was one other person in the room. Hugo's assistant.

"I don't believe we've met. My name is Ethel Peabody, I am the Doctor's assistant"

She did a little bow as she spoke, the pride in her voice clear as she spoke about her boss.

"I will be responsible for cleaning up this place after it is used, so please ring this bell when you've had enough for the day"

Static remembered that woman that helped stabilize you with Hugo when he first dropped you off at the Asylum, so he wasn't that confused. You on the other hand, were confused. You thought you heard another's voice when you initially woke up after the Squad incident, but you thought your mind was just playing tricks on you.

"You never told me you had an assistant"
"I never found it necessary"
"Didn't we just come to an agreement before?"
"Yes, which is why I am openly showing you her now instead of at a later date"

You didn't turn to speak to Hugo, and neither did he to you.

"Why are you allowing her to stay"
"Because she is necessary"
"For what"
"A last resort"
"What are y"-
"Y/N I am not one to make mistakes. I'm not asking you to trust me, I'm asking you to trust my intelligence"

You stared at the doctor for a few moments, before letting out a sigh of defeat and walking into the room. Static followed, a little limp in his step as he did so.

Both the Doctor and his assistant left the room, leaving the both of you as the sole inhabitants.

"Hey I have a question" You turned your body around to face Static.
"How did you pull part of the roof down? I don't remember your range being that long?"
"Oh that's right I haven't told you about it yet!"

Scrunching up his eyes, Static took a breath in before  a solid looking ball of electricity formed over his fingers.

"Now if I do this........."

The small ball began to thin out, before taking the shape of a dagger with no hilt.

"Ta-daaaaaaaa"

'Manipulating electricity into a solid form. That's amazing'

"I SAID ta-daaaaaaaaa"

By the time you came out of your thoughts, Static was in front of you, waving the weapon in your face with an aggressive smile.

Well Fu-जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें