Everything Has Not Gone According To Plan

I swear to god Wattpad if you keep deleting my drafts I'm going to hurt you. I've literally lost around 15k words worth of drafts since I started posting stories.

"Now before my performance can begin, because of the circumstances, I will allow you a few questions in advance!"

This was too sudden. Too out-of-nowhere. One second you were getting freaking jewelry and the next your talking to a magician on a huge screen in a room that didn't exist before.

'I have to admit I'm quite flabbergasted, I mean this is some off screen shit. Wait.......of course, this was a simple retrieve and retreat mission, IT'S ALWAYS ON THE SIMPLE MISSIONS THINGS GO WRONG, ESPECIALLY IN COMICS'

You realized your error and lapse in judgement, that you should've remembered the cliché. The most simplest of missions always end up going wrong in the worst ways.

'But still, Zatanna? I mean, I didn't expect my first encounter with a magic user to be here of all places, and with her. Have we met?'

"Uhm so.....I.....how did you know I was going to be here?"

"Excellent first question!"
The magician gave a you a few little excited claps.

"Now, I don't wish to answer this question specifically but you see, in Gotham there are currently many events going on"

Confetti began to fall from the ceiling as if on cue, with Zatanna

"And these events are expensive as hell"
Zatanna said that with a smile, but in an almost dead inside way.

"So you see, although Br- Batman can't get involved directly, he can send someone like me and few others to watch the locations that would most likely be raided by those who wish to get into said events"

"So I got caught by pure coincidence?"

"Not really. We were kind of hoping to get you specifically, as well as Static"

Her voice dropped in excitement as she mentioned your partner? in crime.

"Ok, second question, what do you mean by we?"

She merely let out a wink in response.

"Don't you wink at me"
She let out a second wink.

Ignoring the irritation that was starting to bubble from within, you you instead decided to do something more useful.

"What's your goal?"
"Come again?"
"What do you want from me, and how do you know about Static exactly, are you in contact with the Titans?"
"One question at a time, those were the rules"

Her persona broke a little as she spoke in a more upset tone.

You on the other hand, were not happy with such a response.

"Oh fuck you"
"Slow down big guy we just met"
"You can't take my dirty jokes, that's like 60% of my personality"

She giggled a little before finally deciding to answer your question, her face turning serious.