Old And New Encounters

"Or should I say, the Stroker?"

You felt your hand that held her own begin to ache as she applied pressure to her grip.

'Right. Enhanced physical abilities'
Even in your mind you spoke with a strained voice.

"Don't call me that"
"What's the matter? Why don't we reminisce about our first, fateful encounter?"
"Why would I want to reminisce on that?"
"Oh stop. Just thinking about it will make me blush- fuck that hurts can you loosen your grip a bit?"

Although Rose was dressed differently to match the event, you could still tell it was her on a closer inspection.

She was wearing a sleeved blood red dress that suited her quite well. As well as a mask that resembled a cat, the eyehole where her eyepatch normally was was filled in to match the mask. Which allowed for her missing eye to go unnoticed.

"I stabbed you with a sword when we first met"
"But that was pretty hot wasn't it?"
"Are you into that?"
"Of course not"
"That doesn't make any sense then"
"Are you trying to figure out my kinks? Give me a sec to think about what I'm into"

She looked at you completely, and utterly confused. It reminded you of a similar look she made back then.

"I think I wouldn't mind someone with white hair, a badass eyepatch, and a hot bod"
"Last time you started talking like this, you head-butted the fuck out of me. You're not going to weasel your way out of this one Y/N. I know you"
"Well we could get to know each other even better after this party don't you agre"-

Her hand which rested on your shoulder was now holding a knife, curtesy of sliding it out from under her sleeve.

She attempt a stab but you jerked your body out of the way, causing her to fall forward. Immediately you pulled her outstretched arm so the both of you were back in position, timing it with the music to just make it look like an eccentric dance move.

"Did you just try to stab me while we were dancing?"
"Didn't you say being stabbed was pretty hot?"
"It was a bluff and you know that"

The knife that was in her hand was gone. It seemed she managed to hide it back into her sleeve before you pulled her in.

"Alright I'll stop with the talk. Why did you bring me to a dance floor? It couldn't have been because you wanted to dance with me, but if that was the reason I'll be more than happy to"-
"Static. Where's Static"

It felt like you were hit with a mental truck. When she spoke those words you get a feeling of genuine concern, becoming more cautious as you stared at her.

"He didn't come with me"
"Don't give me that bullshit. Where. Is. He."

This was the one thing you wanted to avoid had you met the Titans.

Them and Static interacting.

You were well aware how tropes worked, as well as how certain tropes seemed to be reality in this world.

So what about that trope where a trusted friend goes off the deep end for a bit, joins the "enemy", but is ultimately convinced to join the "good" guys again and beat the "bad" guys.
That was a trope that had a very real chance of happening.