Christmas Eve

The test results were back and the quintuplets were pretty disappointed by their scores. "This is awful" Itsuki said as she was looking at her scores. "We studied so much for this?" Ichika asked. "We really are idiots, huh?" Miku said. "Cheer up Nino" Yotsuba told her sister. "You worry about yourself" Nino told her. "It is a tutor day. We'll probably focus on final reviews today" Itsuki said as they heard the doorbell rang.

"Oh! Speak of the devil" Ichika said. "Fuutarou is going to be mad" Miku said. "Yup!" Yotsuba said. "Why do you look happy about that?" Nino asked Yotsuba. "Aha! Sure our scores are disappointing, but I can't wait to work hard for the next one together" Yotsuba told her. "Huh?" Itsuki said as her sisters turn to her. "It wasn't Fuutarou or Eren" she told her sisters.

The person in the door was instead an old man. "Pardon me girls" he told the sisters. "Oh, it's just Ebata-san" Ichika said. "You don't have to drive our father today?" Miku asked. "You took care of us all the time when we were little, but I guess this is your first time in this place, huh?" Itsuki said. "Hoho! What are you talking about? To me, you're still just little girls" Ebata told them.

"Eren and Fuutarou are certainly late" Nino said. "What did you stop by for Ebata-san?" Itsuki asked the old man. "I came to act as your temporally tutor" Ebata told them which shocked them. "O-Oh, you did?" Ichika asked. "Ebata-san used to be a school teacher after all" Miku said. "So they're playing hooky?" Nino asked. "They must've gotten sick or something" Yotsuba said.

"I am afraid I have some news for you ladies. Fuutarou Uesugi and Eren Jeager will no longer be your private tutors" Ebata told them which shock all five of them. "So I will be filling in until a new tutor is found."

"Wait a second" Ichika said. "This is some sort of mistake, right?" Miku asked. "Jeez, stop with the bad jokes!" Ichika said. "It is true. Your father called me himself. Uesugi-sama and Jeager-sama contracts was dissolved on the day of the finals." The sisters were quiet until Ichika broke that silence. "You mean Eren and Fuutarou aren't coming anymore?" she asked. Ebata nodded his head. "You're kidding" Miku said. "I knew it. That failing grade condition was still alive" Nino said as she looked down.

"What do you mean?" Miku asked her. "It's because of our test results. Daddy said so" Nino told her. "I believe that is not the case" Ebata told them. "I was told that both Uesugi-sama and Jeager-sama quit on their own accord."

"Their own accord?" Yotsuba said. "Eren, why?" Miku asked. "I do not accept this explanation. I will ask them to come over and explain themselves" Itsuki said. "I am afraid that will not be possible" Ebata told her. "Both Uesugi-sama and Jeager-sama has been barred from entering the premises. Per your fathers orders."

"Why would they go so far?" Itsuki said. "All right. I'll go to Eren" Miku said as she headed to the front door. Ebata stopped her as she said "Let me though Ebata-san."

"I am afraid I can not do that. It may only be temporary, but I was assigned the job of your tutors. Unless you receive the bare minimum of education today, I cannot let you pass" Ebata told them as Miku made a pout face. "Hngh! Ebata-san you melon head!" Miku told him. "Hoho! Call me whatever you like" Ebata told her.

The girls went to study as Nino asked "We can leave if we finish these?"

"Yes, you can do whatever you like" Ebata told her. "Honestly, what were they thinking?" Nino asked. "I still can't believe it" Yotsuba said. "We'll have to ask them directly. Anyone finished?" Ichika asked. "I'm almost finished" Itsuki said. "Me too" Miku said. Time had past and the girls were stuck on one last question.

"One more. Just one more" Miku said. "I'm down to the final problem as well" Itsuki said. "Hoho! If you cannot solve that simple problem, I will be forced to change this into a special lesson" Ebata told them. The girls continue to struggle until Itsuki suggested "Why don't we check the cheat sheets?"