An Overdue Dance

The next day Eren was back in Nino's hotel room as he was sitting in a chair talking to Nino. "I think I now I get why you were always so irritated about me being in your house" he told her. "Yeah?" Nino said as she came out of the kitchen. "I was going to order some room service. You want anything?" she asked him. "Just a drink please" Eren said. "Ok. Then I'll just order whatever" Nino said as she picked up the room's phone.

When the phone called somebody, she said "Wait, why are you acting like you belong here!?" She then hung up as Eren said "What? Not gonna order anything?" Eren asked. "You're getting annoying!" Nino told him. "What happen to that depression you were having yesterday?"

"I got over it" Eren told her. "And maybe you should take care of a problem that's in front of you."

"In front of me? Oh right, the exams?" Nino said. "Oh, I forgot about those" Eren said which confuse Nino. "To be honest, what happen yesterday was a major shock. But I got over it and I think you should too. Forget about the past and accept it, so you'd better just make up and go home" Eren said. "It'll be fine if I forget? I can't see it like that" Nino said as she walked over to a desk.

"This is my room" she said as she picked up a feather pen. "So I'm going to talk to myself for a bit."

"When we still looked and acted the same, it was almost like we shared the same thoughts. It felt really nice, but things started changing five years ago. Everyone started growing apart, little by little. I had no idea Ichika was acting. It's like they're all leaving the nest, leaving me behind. I'm stuck all alone in the past. I can't even change the length of my hair. So I've gotta leave the nest too, even if I have to force myself. Before I'm left behind."

'This is Nino's mentally, based on her love for her sisters that we couldn't grasp' Eren said in his head. "And you're ok with that?" Eren asked. "I'm fine. I've gotta forget about the past and look forward. And.. Let's see... If I do have one regret, it's the camping trip" Nino said as Eren was surprise. "Maybe by the fact that we never had that dance. I don't know" Nino said as Eren got up from his chair.

He walked over to her and lent out his hand. "May I have this dance, my lady?" he asked as Nino eyes were widen and she got a little red. "W-What are you doing?" Nino asked. "Asking you out to a normal dance. Sorry it's not a campfire dance, but I hope you'll be ok with this one" Eren said. Nino took his hand and he took her to the middle of the room. They began dancing around the room as Nino said "S-Shouldn't there be music?"

"Just follow my lead" Eren told her as he spun her around. They continue dancing around the room, trying their best to not hit any of the furniture. It took them a while until it ended with Eren holding Nino down, causing the two of them to look into each others eyes. They both stare at each other as if they were suppose to do something in this moment. 

Eren pulled Nino up and said "Enjoy?"

"I-I didn't expect something like that" Nino told him as he chuckle a bit. "I'll guess I'll leave then. Don't want to ruin your afternoon" Eren told her. Before he could grab the door handle, Nino said "Wait!" Eren stopped and turn to her. "I'm planning on making some creampuffs, I would like for you to stay and have some" Nino told him. Eren looked at his watch and said "I guess I have some time."

Time Skip brought you by Eren helping Nino cook

The next day Eren woke up and headed to the guest room where Itsuki was staying at. He knocked on the door and said "Itsuki, it's morning. Wake up." He could Itsuki moving around in bed as she then said "Just a little longer."

"We're leaving early today" Eren said. "Just five more minutes" Itsuki said through the door. 'What's something I can do to make her get up?' Eren thought in his head as he then thought of something. "We're making pancakes with waffles on top" Eren said as the door in front of him immediately open. "Huh!? Pancakes and waffles!?" Itsuki said. Eren chuckle as he said "Good morning."

"Yeah, morning" Itsuki said. The two of them got ready and Eren was forced to make both pancakes and waffles for his hungry guest. "I'm relieved. I thought you were feeling blue because of us" Itsuki told him. "No, that was a couple of days ago" Eren said as Itsuki was confuse. "But are you all right now?" Itsuki asked. "I'm fine. Anyway you girls need to worry about yourselves" Eren told her. "Are your exams studies going well?"

"Y-Yes. I finished those review questions" Itsuki said. "Good. I heard Ichika and Miku finished theirs too. That leaves only Yotsuba" Eren said. "What about Nino?" Itsuki asked. "Nino is actually doing the reviews we gave her" Eren told hers. "What, really!?" Itsuki said surprised.

When they got to school they went through the whole tier day without seeing Nino once. Eren was getting worried as he went and ask one of Nino's friends if they had seen her. "She didn't come to school today" the girl told Eren which made him worry a bit. "I need to check one more spot" Eren said as he left Itsuki behind at the school.

He went to the hotel where Nino was staying at and went to the front desk. "Excuse me, is there a Nino Nakano in one of these rooms?" Eren asked. "Miss Nakano?" the receptionist said as she went through her computer. "She just check out yesterday" the receptionist told him which shock him. "She checked out?" Eren said as he didn't believe it.

He then went back to the school where he found Itsuki and Fuutarou, who seem very tired. "What happen to him?" Eren asked. "I... Was trying... To study... With Yotsuba... While she runs" Fuutarou said as he try to catch his breath. "And you couldn't catch up with her?" Eren asked. "Nope" Fuutarou simply said as he was still catching his breath.

"Her captain doesn't seem to care about the finals. She wants Yotsuba to continue track practice all the time" Itsuki told Eren. "Have you just told Yotsuba to quit?" Eren asked. 

Time Skip brought you by Eren, Fuutarou, and Itsuki listening in to Ichika and Yotsuba's conversation

After Yotsuba had a conversation with Ichika, Ichika picked up her phone and revealed she was actually in a call with Eren. "Did you hear that?" she asked. "About her little kid undies? Yeah" Eren said. "Good" Ichika said. "I think I'm going to pay a visit to the track team tomorrow. What are you going to do?" Ichika asked.

Obviously we're going!" Fuutarou said. "Let's set Yotsuba free!" Eren said as he had flashbacks about being free. 

The next day Eren, Ichika, Fuutarou, and Itsuki were near the place where the track team was going to have their training at. "What are they doing?" Fuutarou asked. "The track team's about to leave for their training camp. Ugh, and the exams are about to start. They're fully neglecting their studies" Itsuki said. "What should we do? Go ask them directly?"

"Sorry Miku, we're a little busy here too" Ichika said as she was on the phone with her sister. "Wait Ichika, I've got an idea" Fuutarou said. "This is perfect. Bring Miku over here."

"But" Ichika said. "It's for Yotsuba's sake. Hurry" Eren told her. Ichika looked at Yotsuba before saying "Got it! Wait right here!" She then started running away as Itsuki was confuse on what was going on. "If Yotsuba can't say no, you girls can do it for her" Fuutarou said. "Trading places. Aren't you good at that?"

"I-I'm not so great at it. When I pretended to be Ichika, my heart was pounding the whole time" Itsuki said. "That's why I asked Miku to come. Once she gets here, I'll have to ask you to let her wear that track suit you've got" Fuutarou told her. "Then I'll lead the real Yotsuba-"

"They're leaving!" Eren said as he pointed to the track team leaving. The three of them began chasing after them as Fuutarou said "We've gotta do something before they reach the station. I'm not gonna let her waste a precious weekend on an extracurricular she doesn't even want to do!"

"But what are we going to do!?" Itsuki asked. Eren and Fuutarou turn to Itsuki as they then place a green ribbon on her head.