A Little Thing About The Past

Eren sat there confuse as he was wondering if Itsuki had figured out his secret. "Um, what do you mean?" Eren asked. "You're not from Japan, aren't you? Isn't Jeager a German last name?" Itsuki asked as Eren sigh in relief. "I thought you were talking about something else" Eren said as Itsuki was confused by that.

'I didn't want to ask him about that thing he said in the inn' Itsuki said in her head as she remember Eren saying something about how he didn't have inns in his world. "Anyway, is there any reason on why you're the way you are now?" Itsuki asked. "Is there something wrong with the way I am now?" Eren asked. "No, but were you always like this?" Itsuki asked. 'I guess I can try to tell my childhood in this type of setting' Eren said in his head.

"When I was young, I wanted to join the military" Eren said as Itsuki was listening. "My old home use to be close to a path where soldiers would walk through, and every time they came back, I would go over and watch them come home. Sometimes they came back with a sad look, but I knew that they had fought hard for us. My mom was against the idea, and I would get into arguments with her. I guess you can say I use to be a brat who didn't really think things through. One year I went to camp Scouts where I met the friends' you guys met at the firework festival. Even in those years I was a hot-headed boy who would get into fights really easily. I didn't really change until I learn the truth about my home. After that I became the man you guys now know today."

Eren turn to Itsuki and saw that she had been listening to the whole tier story. "What was that truth you learn?" Itsuki asked. Eren sat there and said, "That my home... Was a lie." He then turns to Itsuki and asked "What about you? Were you always like this even when you were little?"

"And what does that supposed to mean!?" Itsuki asked in an angrily tone. "How did you become the Itsuki I now know?" Eren asked as Itsuki sat there as she thought of what she wanted to say. "Well, me and my sisters all use to look the exact same. If you think we look the same now, then you would definitely would have not tell the difference back then. Over time we kind of develop our own unique interest and hobbies."

"And you became the ravenous sister" Eren said as Itsuki got mad at what he said. "You don't have to call me names!" Itsuki told him before calming down. "Anyway, I should've asked this in the beginning, but are you feeling better now?" Itsuki asked. "Yeah, I should be out by tomorrow" Eren said. "That's a relief. I've been praying for your recovery. I even dug up this old good luck charm I had as a kid" Itsuki as she pulled out a tiny scroll.

"That's cool, where did you get it?" Eren asked. "I don't quite remember whether I bought it or if it was a gift. But I believe it came from Kyoto five years ago" Itsuki said. The door opens again as someone said "Oh Itsuki!"

"So, this is where you've been?" Yotsuba asked as she and the other sisters where there by the door. "We looked in all the wrong places huh?" Ichika said. "All five of us are here, so let's go" Miku said as Nino still didn't seem happy about it. Nino went inside the room and began dragging Itsuki out of the room. "W-Wait a minute!" Itsuki shouted. "Itsuki! I steeled myself! If I'm going down, you're coming with me!" Nino told her sister as the sisters left Eren alone in his room. He chuckles after seeing the sisters like that as he looked out the window.

The next day Eren return home where he went to his room and began going through his things in his desk again. While doing so he discover one thing. It was a scroll and it look exactly like the one Itsuki showed him. Eren picked it up and looked at it, wondering where he got it. He went downstairs and asked his parents about where he got it.

"Oh, you got it from a trip to Kyoto" Grisha told him. "And how long ago was it?" Eren asked. "Maybe five years, why?" Carla replied as it surprised Eren. 'That's exactly around the time Itsuki got hers' he said in his head. "No reason" he told his parents as he went back to his room and took out his phone. He went through his contacts and called someone.

The phone dial for a bit before someone picked up. "Zeke, we need to talk" Eren said to the phone.