31: An Unexpected Surprise

3rd person pov:

As Hawks begins to cry. He thinks of what just happened.

^Afraid to touch. Yet when I made a sound. He pushed his fear away to check on me. Body trembling and running away when I pulled him close. He really is something else.^

An hour passes, and Hawks sits still. Waiting for enji to return.

The front door opens, and mirio, enji, and Tamaki enter.  The moment Tamaki steps inside. Dabi heads downstairs.

Hawks acts as if he's still asleep.

Enji:"Good, he's still asleep. Looks like calling everyone over wasn't necessary -"

The moment Watson gets close. Hawks jumps up and grabs his hand.

"Is this the medicine?"

Enji is surprised and is about to call for backup. When sherlock does something unexpected. Hawks takes the tiny jar out of enji's hand and swallows the powder.

Hawks:"How long until I'm clear?"

Enji has to get his thoughts together before responding. That's about the time dabi walks in.

Dabi:"Well, well, now that's an effective way to stun somebody. Just do the unexpected."

Dabi has stopped trembling and keeps his eyes on Tamaki.

Mirio:"At least he took the medication without us having to force him."

Mirio smiles and bows to thank dabi for saving Hawks.

Mirio:"Thank you for saving our friends."

Dabi pats mirio on the head.

"It was nothing. I'm just trying to keep my student happy and healthy. After all, there's a ball coming up in two weeks. You're all invited to come. There's a special guest I've invited as well. "

Dabi taps Tamaki's shoulder a few times. That's when Tamaki gulps in fear.

Dabi:"Well, I'd best take my leave. Hunger pains are starting. So I'll be back soon."

Tamaki grabs Dabi's arm.

"W..wait, what are you eating?"

"If you must know. I feed from the pigs' blood at the local butcher shop."

Dabi pulls away. Only to lean in close to whisper to tamaki.

"Tell your master. I have what he wants. So come over for a dinner, and a show."

Tamaki:"Why? You're not one of his. So why-^is he helping Hawks? That must be it.^" I'll make sure to deliver your invitation sir."

Tamaki grabs mirio's hand. Signaling that they need to leave.

Mirio:"well it was great to see you again. Sorry to leave so early. Gotta get back before sunrise after all."

Hawks:"Safe travels, you two."

With a wave. Both of them leave. Along with dabi.