30: Empty Chest

3rd person pov:

Dabi is in the ballroom dancing to take his mind off of what just happened. However, the memory of Hawks scent rings out. Hunger begins to cause him pain. As the blood from twice, he hadn't got a chance to take in a drop. Before he picked  enji, and sherlock up to leave.

Dabi dances his heart out to forget. Only to be brought out of thought by a loud thud. Dabi rushes upstairs to find that Watson's fist is balled up and laying on the table by the microscope.

Dabi:"What happened?"

Enji:"That moron went and did the unthinkable. Can you watch over him? I need to get a few things. Maybe even some help to hold sherlock down. That is if he wakes up before I get back."

Before dabi can process what just happened. Enji walks out of the room. Leaving the hungry vampire with an  unconscious hawks.

Dabi sits beside the bed. Looking in aw at the frail young man before him.

Dabi goes to reach out and move the bangs out of the way of seeking sherlock's face, but pulls his hand away. Gripping it tightly with his other hand.

^No, I mustn't touch him. These hands are too powerful and could easily kill him. Though my stomach feels like it's devouring me from the inside out. I must hold back. Once the doctor returns. I'll go out for something to eat. I just have to hold out until-^

Dabi stops when hawks whimpers.

Hawks:" mmmh touya come back.... zzzzzzz"

Dabi releases his grip and reaches out again. This time putting his hand on Hawks chest. While his other hand touches his own.

Dabi:"How precious it is to long for another. I lost someone aswell. Not only did I have to leave them. I'll never be able to warm another heart ever again. This existence is agony. An empty chest silent forever without a comforting beat to sooth a soul to sleep. A body as cold as a grave to match. I envy you, human. Don't throw your life away like a piece of trash. Cherish it for as long as you can."

As blood trickles down Dabi's chin, and onto the blanket. Hawks opens his eyes a bit. Before quickly shutting them back and pulling dabi onto the bed. Surprised by the sudden jerking motion. Dabi gasps.

Now Dabi's head is laying on Hawks chest.

*Thu-thump, thu-thump*

Hawks heartbeat and warmth begin to overwelm dabi, but as he begins to pull away. Hawks only brings him right back.

Hawks:"Then use me to help you sleep. If warmth is what you need. I'll gladly give it to you. If you wish for a beating heart. Then listen and be at peace. You saved my life. It's the least I can do to repay you. "

As Hawks begins to relax. Dabi pulls away and stands up.

"I'm sorry, but I can't accept your offer. Sleep well, sherlock."

In the blink of an eye. Dabi has left the room. Leaving Hawks alone to mutter to himself.

"WAIT! .....Don't go."

All alone, Hawks curls up in bed with his knees to his chest.

While dabi trembles from hunger. His fangs protrude out, ready to bite. Dabi leaves to go to his bedroom on the third floor. Locking himself away til the pain passes.