19: Too Late?

3rd person pov:

As Hawks throws his coat down and stretches in the fighting pit. Rody hears something terrifing.

Spinner:"Looks like it's our lucky day. Two bodies full of organs for the price of one debt. See that fighter you brought? He's about to die, and you'll be joining him soon after."

Rody:"^Shit this isn't good.^"Hey watch out! This match is-!"

Toga puts a blade to rody's neck.

"Now now. We mustn't let the audience hear you. We are a gambling astonishment after all. Take him to the vip sweet. I'll ready the doctor."

With that rody is escorted to a room where he can watch the fight.

Jin:"Hello everyone! How's the night been treating you so far?"

The crowd cheers loudly.

"Alright! Time to start a match that you won't forget. Get ready for blood spray, because our unlucky volunteer here is about to be torn to shreds by our champ. Giant makia!"

The crowd rawrs with anticipation.

Hawks stands ready to fight. Only to feel the ground rumble with heavy steps. Before a man the size of half the ring jumps in.

"Pewny man. I'll use you as my toothpick."

Hawks is fast enough to evade any attack, but how long will he last? The longer the match goes on. The more Hawks begins to stumble. Until finally, makia's fist backhanded Hawks against the wall. Hawks hits with enough force to bounce and flop face first on the ground.

^there's gotta be a way around this broot.^

Hawks looks and realizes the way the walls get further away the closer to the top of the pit.

^that's it!^

The moment makia moves in to finish him off. Hawks dodges, and uses the momentum to run up the walls at an angle. Since makia is off balance from the attack. Hawks kicks him in the head to tip him over. Lodging the beast of a man in the arena. Hawks stands atop makia in victory.

"You still have you champion alive to slaughter poor saps! I just wanna ask the owner a question. Money isn't what I'm after here!"

A man in a fancy suit and tophat walks to the pin. His eyes glance down at Hawks.

"What does the great sherlock hawks wish to ask of me?"

Everyone goes silent and begins to leave without trouble.

As the owner reaches to pull Hawks out. Hawks jumps and clears the railing with ease.

"I need your help compress. Your boss stole someone precious, and I want him back.

Compress smiles to reveal his fangs.

"My good sir. I have to ask you something aswell. How did you deduse that my master is the professor?"

"You left his business card at my door when you took ururaka away."

"I see, yet you aren't concerned with her at all?"

"I knew from the beginning she was a spy. Now tell me what I wanna know, or the police will storm this establishment and stake you all. Wouldn't want them finding your snacks in frozen storage would you?"

"Heh, well played good sir."

Compress tips his hat and shows his true face.

"You have yourself a deal. Though by now it'll be too late. Master doesn't wait long before turning those who would be great pon."